Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShiryuX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Luxembourg
Hi guys,

Got an older mac with Mountain Lion (via the MLPF method) but would like to have a theme for it to make it look like Yosemite.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

S

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
Hi guys,

Got an older mac with Mountain Lion (via the MLPF method) but would like to have a theme for it to make it look like Yosemite.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

S

There a the icons you could change there are plenty of alternative icon packs on the internet. Or use the default ones. For changing them you can use Liteicon.

For the Dock you can use cDock

ShiryuX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Luxembourg
Thanks Mac-lover3,

That was my initial thought as well and found some tutorials on youtube.

Problem is, they are all aimed at Mavericks and not Mountain lion. For example Cdock and Lite Icon are not compatible with ML. I have to resort to Candybar.

Wouldn't it be great to have a program that does it all!?

Thanks again.

S

danikancs

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks Mac-lover3,

That was my initial thought as well and found some tutorials on youtube.

Problem is, they are all aimed at Mavericks and not Mountain lion. For example Cdock and Lite Icon are not compatible with ML. I have to resort to Candybar.

Wouldn't it be great to have a program that does it all!?

Thanks again.

S
davon- 2019-08-12 at 3.32.51 PM.png

[doublepost=1565624288][/doublepost]as you can see am running mac os x lion on this old intel black macbook core 2 duo i bought on ebay some month ago which i have managed to have el capitans's theme plus yosemites dock on so if you are interested let me know and i will take you through it

Reactions: arriagga

xxVOXxx

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2020
View attachment 852673
[doublepost=1565624288][/doublepost]as you can see am running mac os x lion on this old intel black macbook core 2 duo i bought on ebay some month ago which i have managed to have el capitans's theme plus yosemites dock on so if you are interested let me know and i will take you through it
Hey I'm running a Mountain Lion setup and was looking to theme the dock, menubar, maybe a few other things. Do you know what tools to use?

lollolololslsosllsolslsls

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2021
View attachment 852673
can i kindly ask you what software you have used for the dock and what icon pack you have used and how to apply it
thx in advance
souren

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.