Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doggoli

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Serbia
I want that look but as far as i know there are no themes similar to it..... There is one but its not available anywhere on the internet (its called Good Gray 1.4, if anyone has it could you upload it please?). Is one in the making or is nobody making shapeshifter themes anymore?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well. Unsanity used to make Shapeshifter.

OS X Tiger launched on April 29, 2005. OS X Leopard launched on October 26, 2007.

One of the first things that happened when Leopard launched for Unsanity users was that their Macs refused to boot past a blue screen. So, until Unsanity updated APE (their app that enabled their other apps) there was negative publicity and they lost a lot of sales.

Shapeshifter never made it to OS X Leopard. Unsanity itself managed to hang in until around June 2010 but folded later on.

Unsanity's website is long gone.

Given that Shapeshifter last worked properly on an OS launched in 2005 and that the company that made it has been dead for at least seven years the probability that anyone is making Shapeshifter themes anymore is non-existant.

If someone has made a theme for Shapeshifter that you consider to emulate Yosemite then that would be surprising, considering Shapeshifter itself has been deader than dead for a long time.

I might see what I can find for you later today, but realistically all you can ever expect to find now are themes that were created while Unsanity was still with us.

I have heard ZERO news of anyone making any Shapeshifter theme in the current time.

On the other hand, there are plenty of NON-Shapeshifter thememakers here on MacRumors that have created their own versions of Yosemite/Sierra. Do a search in these forums and you'll find them.

doggoli

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2017
Serbia
I
Well. Unsanity used to make Shapeshifter.

OS X Tiger launched on April 29, 2005. OS X Leopard launched on October 26, 2007.

One of the first things that happened when Leopard launched for Unsanity users was that their Macs refused to boot past a blue screen. So, until Unsanity updated APE (their app that enabled their other apps) there was negative publicity and they lost a lot of sales.

Shapeshifter never made it to OS X Leopard. Unsanity itself managed to hang in until around June 2010 but folded later on.

Unsanity's website is long gone.

Given that Shapeshifter last worked properly on an OS launched in 2005 and that the company that made it has been dead for at least seven years the probability that anyone is making Shapeshifter themes anymore is non-existant.

If someone has made a theme for Shapeshifter that you consider to emulate Yosemite then that would be surprising, considering Shapeshifter itself has been deader than dead for a long time.

I might see what I can find for you later today, but realistically all you can ever expect to find now are themes that were created while Unsanity was still with us.

I have heard ZERO news of anyone making any Shapeshifter theme in the current time.

On the other hand, there are plenty of NON-Shapeshifter thememakers here on MacRumors that have created their own versions of Yosemite/Sierra. Do a search in these forums and you'll find them.
I would love to use the themes on MacRumors but unfortunatley im running tiger and non of the themes ive seen support it..

moof75

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2018
I want that look but as far as i know there are no themes similar to it..... There is one but its not available anywhere on the internet (its called Good Gray 1.4, if anyone has it could you upload it please?). Is one in the making or is nobody making shapeshifter themes anymore?

Why would anyone blessed with the gift of sight want to do this?!?

Reactions: z970

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017

Jaguar was really the peak of OS X's visuals.

Aqua was at its best when it was first conceived. Afterwards, it just deteriorated with time...

galgot

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2015

Funny i'm going to reply the same thing as in the Cheetah thread: why not ?
Maybe just for the fun of learning how to do a shapeshifter theme, something even more useless than any theme for osx anyway, but i would love to see it done just to try it on my Tiger installs.
There are few peoples still developping apps even for OS9, and even saw a Sierra theme for OS9 been done. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted. And certainly not for others as i love trying these "newly useless developed stuff for useless PPC " ;)

Reactions: z970
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.