Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
OK,OK i was wrong about "youth of the nation". I was too disgusted to bother to look at the site very much. I don't listen to p.o.d. and all I saw was the PC vs. Mac thread next to "SWII toys" and "i amost got pucnched tonite" (I must have been thrown off,but believe me those are real posts). I still stick by my low opinion of them however. Now please stop getting on my back because I didn't recognize the song title of a band I don't listen to. BTW Gnutella rocks, in case anyone cares.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
1. If Macs are for gay people... I'm gay, my girlfriend is a lesvian, my mother too, my partner at work too, my ex-boss too..... (hehehehe).

A day at the office:

Today I started to work in a video editing suite, my frien (the owner) has a G4 750 (I guess). He had photoshop 5.5. So, as I use PS 6 and I didn't want to mess with his HD, I took my PB Pismo, a Fire Wire cable and connected it to one of the Fire Wire ports of one of his drives.

When he came back afte a few hours he ask me to tell him firs before install any software in the computer, and I said "no, is Fire Wire!!!" the guy was so impressed, he said "Oh my god, my computer is so cool".

That was good thet I knew a bit more than him about macs.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
um ok

yeah um I have very strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals so please dont bring that up here. And another thing I'm probably one the few hardcore republicans who r mac users but were a proud egotistical bunch so lets all just stick to the computers and not create a forum war.

P

pik

I found the dessert warrior guy to be the dumb one..ignorant of the mac.

And i founf GUI to be witty and exceptional knowledgeable on LInux, PC and the Mac.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
oh my

who told these people about this site now we will be overun just like IHATEAPPLE.COM was by us. well lets hope not. And about the Republican thing I mean hardcore i.e. was past MR. Compasionate Conservative but once again please dont talk politics. (Unless ur on my side (lol))

D

Dessert Warrior

WHy did you not want us to know about this site? Chicken!

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
cuz were at least some what polite

look we have a few Wintel users and we get along great but when others that just show up come they sometimes just backtalk everything

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by Dessert Warrior
Mac are fruity!
Constructive criticism from a PC user. We haven't overrun your site yet but I think you can kiss that goodbye. We aren't the ones in danger of being overrun, they are. There is about 10 PC users on that site compared to Macrumors' 3000+ rabid mac users. Prepare yourself, your forum will never be the same.

V

Vash: Pacifist Warmonger

And what games does mac support? oh...10 whole games? Right.

M

MACFYTER

OH oh! Someon needs to school this vash jackass on games for the mac.

Watch out!

V

And what games does mac support? oh...10 whole games? Right.

D

Dessert Warrior

Originally posted by asurace

Constructive criticism from a PC user. We haven't overrun your site yet but I think you can kiss that goodbye. We aren't the ones in danger of being overrun, they are. There is about 10 PC users on that site compared to Macrumors' 3000+ rabid mac users. Prepare yourself, your forum will never be the same.

Come on in brotha! We welcome you with open arms.
You don stand a chance against the pc users on there.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Supported OS X Games:
Oni
Marathon
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Alien vs. Pretador Gold
Starcraft and Broodwar
Quake III
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
The Sims
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Harry Potter
Myth III
Tony Hawk
Age of Empires II
Fighter Squadron
Fly! 2
Dragon’s Lair 3D
Master of Orion III
Cro-Mag Rally
Otto Matic
Survivor
Stronghold
Spider-man
Tropico
Myst 3
Tomb Raider: The Chronicles
Deimos Rising
Pillars of Garendall

Also Coming Soon to OS X:
Unreal Tournament
EV: Nova
Coldstone

These are only the OS X games I could find in 2 minutes, I didn't include classic games. OK I'm bored with this topic, moving on.

M

monkey

If you start to **** on people there they will respond with "i love you"

Cruelraspberry

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2002
California
Re: um ok

Originally posted by spuncan
yeah um I have very strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals so please dont bring that up here. And another thing I'm probably one the few hardcore republicans who r mac users but were a proud egotistical bunch so lets all just stick to the computers and not create a forum war.

If you had those feelings and didn't want to start a forum war, you probably should have kept them to yourself.

I'm so F$%^ing sick of people and the way they treat me because I'm a Lesbian.

They are either openly disgusted (christians), or wanna watch (straight males).

Yeck, Gack, spew!!

What I do in the bedroom is nobody's business but my own, and you have NO right to bring up your "strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals."

I get enough harrassment in the REAL WORLD.

We're here to talk about MAC's, not sexuality.

Cruelraspberry

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2002
California
Please don't start a forum debate on PC vs MAC.
It's tired. It's been done. Both sides are rabid and willing to fight to the death.

You will win no converts.

*Yawn*

I love my Mac because I love it. I think it's cool, easy to use, and cool. I'm not a graphic designer, or a programmer (although I have no doubt I could be if I put my mind to it). I'm just a "standard" user.

What the hell is wrong with that?

By the way, none of you have done "research" into why Mac is better than PC, or visa versa. You're just spewing reguritated information from tech magazine articles that WE HAVE PROBABLY ALREADY READ. It's totally an un-issue.

V

Originally posted by asurace
Supported OS X Games:
Oni
Marathon
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Alien vs. Pretador Gold
Starcraft and Broodwar
Quake III
Heavy Metal FAKK 2
The Sims
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Harry Potter
Myth III
Tony Hawk
Age of Empires II
Fighter Squadron
Fly! 2
Dragon’s Lair 3D
Master of Orion III
Cro-Mag Rally
Otto Matic
Survivor
Stronghold
Spider-man
Tropico
Myst 3
Tomb Raider: The Chronicles
Deimos Rising
Pillars of Garendall

Also Coming Soon to OS X:
Unreal Tournament
EV: Nova
Coldstone

These are only the OS X games I could find in 2 minutes, I didn't include classic games. OK I'm bored with this topic, moving on.

I see no Asheron's Call, Everquest, Ultima Online, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, I know for a fact Star Wars Galaxies won't be on mac..
Red Alert 1 and 2? Command and Conquer? Warcraft 3 (sure a year after the pc release)
Ported? Ok..sure some games are ported to a mac..A YEAR LATER. and that article about Giants is a bunch of crap. Any real Gamer knows Giants was a big flop. I see no adventure games on that list..no decent rpg's ZERO..COUNT EM ZERO MMORPG's.
Quake 3...Big deal..where's Unreal Tournament...oh..COMING SOON...welcome to the party TWO YEARS LATE! Thought not. Half Life 2? Oh yeah...not coming out on mac.. Niether is Duke Nukem forever.. Max Payne anyone? oh right! not there either..Red Faction? uh uh.
Aliens Vs. Predator 2? Strangely missing..odd.....
Neverwinter Nights? Nowhere to be found...Oh yeah...MAC GAMING ROX.

P

Pik

Re: Re: um ok

Originally posted by Cruelraspberry

If you had those feelings and didn't want to start a forum war, you probably should have kept them to yourself.

I'm so F$%^ing sick of people and the way they treat me because I'm a Lesbian.

They are either openly disgusted (christians), or wanna watch (straight males).

Yeck, Gack, spew!!

What I do in the bedroom is nobody's business but my own, and you have NO right to bring up your "strong (negative) feelings about homosexuals."

I get enough harrassment in the REAL WORLD.

We're here to talk about MAC's, not sexuality.

But makes are sexy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.