Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Definitely welcomed addition. I honestly love mouse support. I have used my iPad as my primary work machine for a few years and while I was able to work effectively through keyboard shortcuts, normal mouse support is so so much better. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse remains on the desk, place down when I want to work, take with me for everything else. This has so much promise for the future also.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Does the translucent square in the bottom right always have to appear?

I really hope that Apple make mouse and trackpad support for users who don’t have accessibility needs - it’s ridiculous that they don’t.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Uh, yes, you could. It’s been documented and I tested it myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prior to beta 3 there were only two size options. Beta 3 provides ten size options. More importantly, there are now size options significantly smaller than the earlier betas. The smallest cursor is now close in size to a traditional arrow cursor.

Reactions: ruslan120

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Now we just need reverse scrolling, and proper scrolling support in Safari too. I use scrollbar direction scrolling on the Mac, cuz well that's the way it's been for decades, and every time I try to switch to "natural" scrolling, it just makes my head hurt.

Different cursor shapes would be a bonus too, but not critical.

Reactions: ruslan120

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Now we just need reverse scrolling, and proper scrolling support in Safari too. I use scrollbar direction scrolling on the Mac, cuz well that's the way it's been for decades, and every time I try to switch to "natural" scrolling, it just makes my head hurt.

Different cursor shapes would be a bonus too, but not critical.

Yeah I submitted a request to have an option to reverse the scrolling as well. What issues do you have with scrolling in safari? It mostly works ok for me.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah I submitted a request to have an option to reverse the scrolling as well. What issues do you have with scrolling in safari? It mostly works ok for me.
I only tried it briefly on a few webpages in Safari and it wouldn't scroll. Maybe it's just a bug. It did work in other apps though.

I didn't try mouse support that long, mainly because my #1 usage would be for my work VPN software... which doesn't work in iPadOS 13.

RudySnow

Suspended
Aug 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
Prior to beta 3 there were only two size options. Beta 3 provides ten size options. More importantly, there are now size options significantly smaller than the earlier betas. The smallest cursor is now close in size to a traditional arrow cursor.

Read OP’s headline. You could adjust the size in the previous betas. I’m not sure what you guys are trying to argue. Yes, now you can make it smaller than before, but my comment is in reaction to the original post. Get a grip.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Read OP’s headline. You could adjust the size in the previous betas. I’m not sure what you guys are trying to argue. Yes, now you can make it smaller than before, but my comment is in reaction to the original post. Get a grip.

Most people are interpreting that you are saying nothing changed with the cursor behavior between the two betas. It’s obvious this isn’t the case, but the way you replied implies this. No harm no foul.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.