Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Hi everybody! useful thread!
I have ipad2 4.3.3 jb, iFile 1.6, cck, SanDisk 32G SDHC, OplayerHD 1.0.16, vlc 1.1.0.
SD get mounted ok, I can see the Flash drive and the files.

When I tap onto a .pdf file I'm given the option PDF Viewer/ Web viewer and all works ok.

But when I tap on .avi I don't get the option to 'open with'...after a few secs Oplayer is launched but revrts to 'File servers' screen and stops; differently from the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CSPTSmUes&feature=related

It only works if I copy as link and paste into Oplayer documents directory - which is not bad anyway.
Anyone succeeded in launching .avi video from iFile using Oplayer or vlc?
What am I doing wrong?
Tnx

Last-minute:
I found that when tapping .avi it gets copied to /inbox in OplayerHD, no option given (but I don't want to copy, want to play off SD)??. I have a 'cracked' iFile not registered...

Use XBMC, or create a shortcut for your sd card. You can do this using iFile...

pabzlito

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Moving music location to SD card..?

Thanks! Now reading SD card successfully. One final step to total bliss: changing the default location of music to a folder on an SD card. Any ideas?

I have tried installing 3rd party music players, but none so far have this option, as far as I can see. Anyone know of one, or know how to change the native 'ipod' app? Thanks in advance...!

dhaval711

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
I have done All thing ,buy camera connector kit,power usb hib,jailbroke i pad and installed ifile,without power usb hub they show message that more power required and with hub they r telling not supported,i used sdcard 4 diffrent flash drives but same msg,aftr that msg i go inside th ifile and sercj var-mnt but in that folder nothing is seen....how is it possible?
Is there any other thing i should install from cydia except ifile to correctly work camera connector kit......please help me..i m using ipad mini 2 with ios 8.3.3 jailbroken....i think all 4000rs i wasted for all acessories

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have done All thing ,buy camera connector kit,power usb hib,jailbroke i pad and installed ifile,without power usb hub they show message that more power required and with hub they r telling not supported,i used sdcard 4 diffrent flash drives but same msg,aftr that msg i go inside th ifile and sercj var-mnt but in that folder nothing is seen....how is it possible?
Is there any other thing i should install from cydia except ifile to correctly work camera connector kit......please help me..i m using ipad mini 2 with ios 8.3.3 jailbroken....i think all 4000rs i wasted for all acessories

Sorry, but if you look at the dates in this thread, the last post was in 2011. With all the wifi based connections that is now available, there has been little reason to go the USB connection route. Hope you can return/sell the stuff you bought, and invest in a wifi camera card reader.

dhaval711

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
But if still anything possible just show some way to use the acessory,because i cant return it and for selling no one will do the same mistake to buy those things as i have done,i want to keep all my movies songs and some docs to the pen drive,sd card so i can keep memory free for some apps and gmes

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
But if still anything possible just show some way to use the acessory,because i cant return it and for selling no one will do the same mistake to buy those things as i have done,i want to keep all my movies songs and some docs to the pen drive,sd card so i can keep memory free for some apps and gmes

Can you get a cloud storage service, like Dropbox, Amazon, OneDrive, etc?

And while you may not be able to sell the camera connection kit, the USB hub is useful for people with computers -- I use one with my computer. So you could try selling that, at least.

dhaval711

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
Can you get a cloud storage service, like Dropbox, Amazon, OneDrive, etc?

And while you may not be able to sell the camera connection kit, the USB hub is useful for people with computers -- I use one with my computer. So you could try selling that, at least.
All this option i know and i appreciate your suggestion but will u please tell me yhatbis it possible to connect flash drive by camera adptor kit?
U please suggest me the way to use available things rather than how to sell it
Thanx

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
All this option i know and i appreciate your suggestion but will u please tell me yhatbis it possible to connect flash drive by camera adptor kit?
U please suggest me the way to use available things rather than how to sell it
Thanx

Sorry, but I don't know, and from the lack of other responses, I'm guessing nobody else knows either. People pretty much gave up on getting files in and out of the iPad through the camera connection kit once wifi based solutions became available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.