Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YonTom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
I am very frustrated about the inability to have reminders on my MacOS until Catalina is released God knows when (as many of you surely are). I wanted to leave some negative feedback on the Apple Product Feedback site and, lo and beyond, there is no option to give feedback for reminders! My hunch is that Apple wants to avoid negative feedback so it is making it hard for people to complain about Reminders. It just makes no sense that there would have never been an option to give feedback about reminders (and there are options to give feedback about other apps that aren't even stock apps), but I may be wrong?

In any case, if you are upset like me about this, I suggest that you call Apple support, complain and escalate. It is not acceptable that they would make Reminders incompatible across devices for so long when we are spending thousands of dollars on Apple products because they synch so well with one another. If we all dedicate an hour of our time to call and complain then maybe Apple will realize that this stunt was an even worse idea than they thought.

YonTom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
You do realise there's a warning about incompatibility in the Reminders app before you convert them...

...which cannot be reverted. Also, the warning is about being upgraded to the latest operating system, which is at best misleading. I run MacOS 10.14.6 and, in my book, that's the latest operating system until MacOS Catalina is released. They should have at least specified that by "latest" they meant the unreleased MacOS Catalina, which could take many weeks to be released. Apple needs to issue an apology at the very least for misleading its customers.

Reactions: Vlad Soare

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
...which cannot be reverted. Also, the warning is about being upgraded to the latest operating system, which is at best misleading. I run MacOS 10.14.6 and, in my book, that's the latest operating system until MacOS Catalina is released. They should have at least specified that by "latest" they meant the unreleased MacOS Catalina, which could take many weeks to be released. Apple needs to issue an apology at the very least for misleading its customers.
That doesn't mean you're required to convert them. I believe if you didn't convert them you could still use Reminders.

Reactions: LosLoco

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
You can still use Reminders regardless. You just can't share to them to devices that have not been upgraded, either to iOS 13 or to Catalina.

All these people, absolutely falling all over themselves to install iOS 13, for no reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.