Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spyrule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Hello,

We are trying to use Shipstation on a mac, and under one user (user 1) it works perfectly fine, however for one specific other user (user 2) on the same mac, they get that the application cant be launched because its a powerpc application.

yet, if we flip back to user1, the application launches with no problem.

I have checked the permissions and both users have read/write permissions to the application.

Any suggestions?

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
There might be two different versions of it, one in a user's home ~/Applications folder, which would override the global /Applications one.

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
I see that ShipStation is web-based app, which means this is most likely a browser configuration problem (unless you're referring to ShipStation Connect.app).

Which browser?

Checking Console output may also be helpful here.

Spyrule

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I'm simply getting "this application cannot be opened"
[doublepost=1497042917][/doublepost]
I see that ShipStation is web-based app, which means this is most likely a browser configuration problem (unless you're referring to ShipStation Connect.app).

Which browser?

Checking Console output may also be helpful here.

Yes, it is the Shipstation Connect.app application (it allows the website to use localized printers/resources as if the website was a local app).

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
I'm simply getting "this application cannot be opened"
[doublepost=1497042917][/doublepost]

Yes, it is the Shipstation Connect.app application (it allows the website to use localized printers/resources as if the website was a local app).

I assume you're double-clicking directly on /Applications/ShipStation Connect.app in both cases?

Could be that it's trying to run some secondary application. Hopefully the Console log will have more information about the error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.