Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpu2021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2021
I am getting the following error on my MacBook Pro when I run a Citrix app
You have not chosen to trust "DigiCert Global Root G2", the issuer of the server's security certificate.

Laptop specs:
BigSur Version: 11.2.3 (20D91)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Citrix Workspace Version: 21.02.0.29 (2102)

Earlier I was running Sierra and once logged in through my browser, I would click on the ICA file, this would automatically open my remote desktop.

Now, I get the error above when I click on the ICA file.

I found a solutions online
1) reinstalling Citrix
2) Adding Digicert g2 in /Applications/Citrix ICA Client/keystore/cacerts

none worked

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

TriBruin

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
That is a root certificate that comes with macOS and should be automatically trusted. It sounds like something is messed up in your Keychain.

Open Keychain Access and click on System Roots in the left side. Find "DigiCert Global Root G2" and open it. Click on the arrow next to "Trust" and verify that "When using this certificate" is set to "Use System Defaults".

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

cpu2021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2021
Hi
I have checked the certificate and everything is already set to "Use System Defaults"

Gerhard Schuster

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2021
Ok, here is my solution

I had previously installed another, older Citrix Viewer version. Unbeknownst to me this installation did live in Library/Application Support. I also had updated my OS to the latest version with which this Citrix Viewer did not work any longer.
I had installed the latest Version of the CitrixWorkspace.app but when connecting with the company via Safari, my Mac started the old Citrix Viewer version that was not longer working.

I did the following to solve the problem:
1) Delete the old Citrix Viewer under Library/Application Support
2) Delete the new app under Application
3) Reinstall the new app
4) Connect to the company web via Safari

>>> Worked

denno

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Same problem just started today (also affecting other Mac users in my company). Checked Keychain and deleted all Citrix related files then reinstalled latest version of Workspace but still get the same error message.

Different certificate message though-
2021-04-13_16-31-46 (36).png

Big Sur 11.2.3
Citrix Workspace 21.04.0.14

Last edited:

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Just a small data point (rambling and probably not useful)

A new version of Citrix Workspace was pushed out to me today. It's the one denno is running - 21.04.0.14. It's a pretty recent release 4/7/2021. Unfortunately the release notes only say

This release also addresses several issues that help to improve overall performance and stability.

I didn't have the certificate issue before, so I was hesitant to apply the update. But, I went ahead and did it and haven't encountered any issues.

I did notice that the release page references https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT210176, which discusses certificate requirements. But, they say that has applied since Catalina.

Sorry, I don't have anything more useful to report.

Pelleman

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2021
Ok, here is my solution

I had previously installed another, older Citrix Viewer version. Unbeknownst to me this installation did live in Library/Application Support. I also had updated my OS to the latest version with which this Citrix Viewer did not work any longer.
I had installed the latest Version of the CitrixWorkspace.app but when connecting with the company via Safari, my Mac started the old Citrix Viewer version that was not longer working.

3) Reinstall the new app

>>> Worked
Thank you so much Gerhard, I've become more and more desperate after several hours trying to find a solution. This worked. You made my day!

rwodaiyar

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2021
Ok, here is my solution

3) Reinstall the new app

>>> Worked
Thank You! I too was struggling with this issue. Your steps resolved my issue :)

Ying Zhang

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2021
Ok, here is my solution

3) Reinstall the new app

>>> Worked
Thanks so much. It worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.