Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
oooooooo.... LOL...

Only a 40GB drive and 1GB of Ram??? whoop-di-doooo. I have more then that in my G4 500MHz, and a better video card to boot (32MB ATI Radeon). All Mac's have the 4 USB and 2 FireWire connections he lists, so nothing special.

Dual processors are all well and good, but only if you have the software that truely benefits from them (like PhotoShop). While other things might run faster then on a computer with the same speed single processor, a faster single can still perform just as well, if not better. Pull out the reviews/benchmarks for the dual 450 and then the same for the last set of G4's (pre QuickSilver). Compare the numbers... If you really want to, pull them out for the QuickSilver models too.

dnelsongb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
ALPHA, Hey wheres the pissing contest?

AlphaTech,

Great to hear your a self proclaimed God. I'm just looking for a buyer. Not sure what your trying to do. Hope it makes you feel better.:D

dnelsongb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Alpha, glad everything you have is so much greater!

One individual, who happens to be 1 better, 1 more, 1 heckuva guy. Glad you have pointed out that there is better. If there wasn't, I wouldn't be selling what I have, would I?

Just pointing out you have the very best. Nothing else!:D

Yes, the machine I have is Pretty Hot and Tempting to me and the previous 400 hits on my auction in the past 2 days. We realize that there are better machines, but for this price, maybe not.

Until you sell your glorious, self built, god like machines for less than $1600, please try not to walk all over us unworthy ones with G4's which you claim arent any good. :rolleyes:

Before you, Im sure we are all are blind until you show us the way! :p

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
You have turned simple information posting into something more. For about 1600, you can grab one of the new QuickSilver Mac's (the 733MHz) model and increase the memory for just a little more. You would then have a hellofa great system.

You are the one who made the claim that it is an uber system, I never claimed mine was the end-all, be-all system. What I do have, has done what I have asked it to without complaint. That doesn't mean that I won't be selling it as soon as the G5 comes out.

No matter what you have, someone else will always have something better. I know there are other Mac people out there with better systems then I have, simply because they purchased newer ones with higher spec's.

It's not worth getting into a pissing contest over. Maybe I wouldn't have bothered if you didn't claim that what you are selling was soooo damn hot.

I also never claimed to be a god... a tech, yes, but not a god...

I also think that this is the wrong place to put up ads for things you want to sell. This is supposed to be about rumors, not sales (hence the name MacRUMORS).

dnelsongb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
An apology for Alpha

:p

Alpha, I did state in the beginning of this thread that, I was sorry to post this here. I do realize this is not be the place for a debate. I'm glad you choose to differ. No skin off of my back.

Maybe I see the writing on the wall (as we all do here), and trying to get what I can for what I have, and maybe some person without a ton of money can get a descent machine.

Then there are those who want to drag others down because they were too busy bragging and not doing business. Again my apologies to Alpha, and may you find your Beta.

:D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
accepted

It's good to see that we both are going in similar directions.

I have a few people at work interested in my G4 500. The main reason they want it is because they know how well I maintain both my own systems, and the ones at work. I will be without a tower from when I finally sell that one, until the G5's arrive. Hopefully that will be sometime in 2002 (not 2003). I will be reduced to my rev A TiBook until then.

I had thought about upgrading my tower to a dual 500, but couldn't see dumping the extra grand into it for what little benefit I would see. I don't do design work all that much, so the applications I do run wouldn't benefit. I would rather have the newer technologies in what is coming then working with the older stuff.

Here's to hoping that they come out with a GHz+ G5 before the end of summer, so that we can both have sweet systems. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.