Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
When I ask Siri on my HomePod to add something to my reminders, say paper towels, I get a response that says “you’ll have to continue in target” what the heck! is anyone else having this issue?

me: hey Siri, add paper towels to my reminders.
siri: you’ll have to continue in target

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Is Target your usual shopping destination?
Maybe Siri is simply learning about your normal "life choices", and assuming that you will again shop at Target.

Reactions: iAssimilated

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
So, what is wrong with Siri expecting you to go to Target, when that's actually one of the places where you might buy paper towels (from your example anyway)?
Siri seems to be offering a reasonable suggestion at that point. :D

Tell Siri to forget Target (?)

Maybe, something like "Don't use Target as my destination", or some variation of that. You might be able to tell if the request is correct, depending on the response that you get from Siri.

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
If you create a reminders list and name it “shopping list”, then you can say “add x to the shopping list“ and it adds it to this list. Something like that might avoid the target thing.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
"Target" doesn't refer to the store. It refers to an app on your phone. If you use Siri on your iPhone (instead of Homepod) and give the same command, does it work there? Or does it give the same response and open an app?

One possibility is you have (or had) an app that handled reminders (via shortcut, perhaps) and the app is no longer installed. Siri may be using the generic word "target" where the app name should be. Just a thought.

Peloton 52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Connecticut
When I ask Siri on my HomePod to add something to my reminders, say paper towels, I get a response that says “you’ll have to continue in target” what the heck! is anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same problem but on my iPhone, just started today after I updated my iPhone to 14.0

Peloton 52

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Connecticut

So for now I found a workaround. Instead of saying Hey Siri, add "whatever" to my reminders I say, Hey Siri, add to my reminders. When she asks what do you want to add, I then tell her. That seems to work okay.
[automerge]1600362647[/automerge]

So for now I found a workaround. Instead of saying Hey Siri, add "whatever" to my reminders I say, Hey Siri, add to my reminders. When she asks what do you want to add, I then tell her. That seems to work okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.