Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Whilst we're on the subject of fonts, anybody have a clue what font this is?:

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,065

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
thats awesome, ive actually considered stuff like this before, i might actually do it sometime now....sorry munkle i dont know what font that is, but i want to know two now....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Thanks for the bump - I'm probably going to do this handwriting - it will come in handy. I have an Architecture background so way back when I used to spend time working on my *font* - this is in the mid 80s, so it was all by hand for me back then :D

The trick will be figuring out which pen to use to get the right look...

And I don't know that font, btw. Where did you find it?

D

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
A friend showed me a sample of that font and I've been hankering for it ever since. I'm trying to design my own site with a relaxed sketchy feel and that font would be perfect. Oh and my friend doesn't know where it's from either, nor does he have any more samples :rolleyes:

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
neat gizmo.
I'll consider getting it. it wold be even better if they had you write a pre-decided paragraph and then extrapolate the letters from there, so they would appear in their natural "flow". That i would get for sure.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
munkle said:
I also tried WhatTheFont but it wasn't that great.

I've just spent the last hour and a half skimming through my fonts, and whilst I've found similar ones, I've not found 'the' one you want. :(

Post the sample on the Typophile site, the folk on there are freakishly knowledgeable when it comes to all things type ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
munkle said:
Whilst we're on the subject of fonts, anybody have a clue what font this is?:
Here's the closest font I've found on my system. It's called Wolf Regular.

Attachments

• snippets.gif
    snippets.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 935

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
iGav said:
I've just spent the last hour and a half skimming through my fonts, and whilst I've found similar ones, I've not found 'the' one you want. :(

Post the sample on the Typophile site, the folk on there are freakishly knowledgeable when it comes to all things type ;)

Thanks a lot iGav. Funnily enough, I was thinking of you when posting the font - in a definite macho MR font expert type of way, rather than anything else!! :eek: :p

Lacero said:
Here's the closest font I've found on my system. It's called Wolf Regular.

Lacero good sir, you are a star. I think that font will do very nicely.

Thank you again for all the help and sorry for hijacking the thread!

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
I remember hearing of a site awhile ago where you could do this for free. Anyone know what it is?

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
I didn't buy it, but here is my preview. I think I need to take handwriting classes. Nerver relise how bad it is untill you see it like this.

Attachments

• My-Handwriting.gif
    My-Handwriting.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 258

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
munkle said:
Thanks a lot iGav. Funnily enough, I was thinking of you when posting the font - in a definite macho MR font expert type of way, rather than anything else!! :eek: :p

I'm touched... heheheh :p

Did you find out what it was on Typophile?

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
joetronic said:
I didn't buy it, but here is my preview. I think I need to take handwriting classes. Nerver relise how bad it is untill you see it like this.

As the saying goes... you could just become a doctor.

SodaPopMonster

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Houston, TX
I Have been on a long font hunt as well, exept i don'y have a sample.

The font was called MacRadical or something like that ( i'm sure that it had radical somewhere in it)
this was way back when we used to work on those cute little macs at school....ah, i miss those :(

monster

p.s. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this seems like the right thread to ask...

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
SodaPopMonster said:
I Have been on a long font hunt as well, exept i don'y have a sample.

The font was called MacRadical or something like that ( i'm sure that it had radical somewhere in it)
this was way back when we used to work on those cute little macs at school....ah, i miss those :(

monster

p.s. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this seems like the right thread to ask...

Have you tried doing a search at somewhere like MyFonts? A search for 'radical' only brings up 382 results...happy scrolling!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
munkle said:
Man, those guys are good!

Turns out it's a font called augie, how would they know that?!! :p

I know, they're amazing aren't they. :)

I used to work with a guy who had a similar encyclopedic knowledge of typefaces, if he didn't know what a typeface was (which was very rare) he'd point you in the direction of one that was almost identical. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.