Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous888

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2018
India
Has been this way for more than a year. If a mod messages me I can provide more info ISP, IP etc.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If you submit a ticket letting our support staff know what the IP is and any other information that might be pertinent, they can look into it.

Reactions: anonymous888

The_Auryn

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
Has been this way for more than a year. If a mod messages me I can provide more info ISP, IP etc.
Subscribe to a VPN (virtual private network). SurfShark or NordVPN are good ones. You can choose to have your internet activities filtered through hundreds of different IP address all over the world.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Subscribe to a VPN
I think the the use a VPN is a smart move in general and should be part of your general habits for computer safety and privacy, but that should give the OP an option to avoid the IP ban.

The VPN will get the OP up and running, while he/she waits for the admins to address the support ticket. If memory serves me, support tickets can take one or two weeks, so a VPN is the best option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.