Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jodeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Middle Tennessee
Since updating my HomePods to iOS 17.0, I've noticed that when asking my Home Pod Minis to turn lights on or off, it doesn't quite register.

Each of the lights themselves respond fine, but the HomePods reply with "Your lights are taking a while to respond." (If one or more didn't respond, that'd make sense - but they all turn on or shut off just fine.)

All Home Pods are on v17, as is my iPhone 12 (Pro Max, which doesn't have this issue).

In contrast, when I select the lights - or scenes - using the Home app (Mac or iPhone), the lights respond immediately. So, I don't see this as a network/wifi issue; rather, a glitch with Siri.

Reactions: mikep6020

mikep6020

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2022
I'm having the same issues as you mentioned. Also my Eve motion sensor is not triggering my lighting scenes.

MikeX

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2016
bugs in the phone apps is not much of an issue but it really sucks when home automation doesn't work.

i sometimes get the same when i ask siri to turn off all the lights.

Reactions: mikep6020

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I've been having this problem since before iOS17. It gets annoying! Just had it happen again so I came in here to see if anyone else experiences this. When I look at the Home app, it says they are updating. Seems like they are updating at least 75% of the time.

mikep6020

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2022
I've been having this problem since before iOS17. It gets annoying! Just had it happen again so I came in here to see if anyone else experiences this. When I look at the Home app, it says they are updating. Seems like they are updating at least 75% of the time.
I ended up doing a hard reset on all powered devices (router, home pods, etc.) and that worked...for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.