Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novicew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hamburg
What do guys think of the looks of my blogsite?

The purpose of the site is to share my experience with other Mac users while providing them some useful information about Apple. As you see it is still in the very early stage of development. There is lot to improve.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I feel like I'm being assaulted by the big black header background. Something more subtle would be a lot better IMO.

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
uhhh....words escape me...hmmmm

What is your hook? why should I visit your blog? What does it offer me that I can't get somewhere else?

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
makisushi said:
uhhh....words escape me...hmmmm

What is your hook? why should I visit your blog? What does it offer me that I can't get somewhere else?

Default wordpress with a header image?

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
wow, a default word press theme AND generic apple/mac related post.

There just aren't enough high quality sites like this one now a days. :rolleyes:

I used to think the greatest thing about the internet was the fact that anyone could publish to it, hence putting CNN and a 15 year old on the same level.

Now I'm not so sure

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
^^ Nice. If you came here for constructive advice you may have realized your mistake by now.

I think it's a good start too. Do your own thing and don't be afraid to experiment. Provide content that you find useful and let others decide if they want to use your page(s) as a reference.:)

novicew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hamburg
Thank you for that !

cyberddot said:
^^ Nice. If you came here for constructive advice you may have realized your mistake by now.

I think it's a good start too. Do your own thing and don't be afraid to experiment. Provide content that you find useful and let others decide if they want to use your page(s) as a reference.:)

steveedge

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Ditto

Great start, and if people Google into it and find answers to their questions, then it is a success.
And I happen to like the Wordpress design. :)
Just my 2 cents worth...

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
It looks like a nice site with some good content, one suggestion though, I have a 20" lcd and the black is kind of assulting when you first visit the page. Perhaps a black/grey gradient to make it more appealing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.