Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2001
So what you gonna do if they are 1.2 ghz (or slower)?
I will be sad..deep in my heart..

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
now this is silly, we don't even know what we're going to get, let alone if they will come out tomorrow - there still is a little doubt, not much, but its not a given.

I think you're jumping the gun here.

D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: Your reaction to the next PowerMac

Originally posted by Megaquad
So what you gonna do?
Calm down there sunny jim and take a chill pill, no one even knows for sure that they will be here 2moro, let alone the specs....this thread may be of more use 2moro (if the new PM's are released).

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England

dual 1.2Ghz, well is also come with 2x 2MB ddr or even 3x 4MB ddr cache with 266 DDR Ram hell i gonna be braking the piggy bank.

800Mbit Firewire, Airport 802.11g, bluetooth, 4x superdrive, USB2, 8x AGP Ati 9700 Graphics, would all be a bonus...see it not all just the G4 processor when will you people learn

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

1.25 ghz, as it's been announced is not ground breaking, but somewhat ok

i like the new 128 MB video card ( is is new, right?) but especially the ddr ram at 266 mhz and 333 mhz...that has got to help apple's case!

manirami

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Re: Your reaction to the next PowerMac

Originally posted by jefhatfield
1.25 ghz, as it's been announced is not ground breaking, but somewhat ok

i like the new 128 MB video card ( is is new, right?) but especially the ddr ram at 266 mhz and 333 mhz...that has got to help apple's case!

new 1.25GHz chips are just overclocked PowerPC 7455 processors, not the PPC 7470s (from Xserve). the PPC 7455 cannot take advantage of DDR memory as on the Xserve. that kinda seems like a waste to me. why not just overclock a 7470 so it can take advantage of DDR memory?

Chryx

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Your reaction to the next PowerMac

Originally posted by manirami

new 1.25GHz chips are just overclocked PowerPC 7455 processors, not the PPC 7470s (from Xserve). the PPC 7455 cannot take advantage of DDR memory as on the Xserve. that kinda seems like a waste to me. why not just overclock a 7470 so it can take advantage of DDR memory?

Um, the Xserve uses 7455's and can't take full advantage of DDR memory for that very reason....

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
my reaction is mixed. they made somethings better and they made some things worse.
for example they have less VRAM and L3 Cache than previous models, but they have faster RAM and Bus speeds.
You dont DOWNGRADE your machines. Jeesh.
I don't know who is running Apple, but it is not the same Steve Jobs that we all grew to know and respect. This is the anti-Steve.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, with all of the recent money grubbing schemes hatched by Apple, I can't help but wonder if Steve's planning something big. I mean, the raised the price of the powerbook, the powermacs, they started charging for .mac, and they have that ridiculus pricing scheme in effect for Jaguar. Hmmm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.