Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I haven't seen this posted, but I have the most updated version of Youtube on my iPhone X and I watched an HDR video last night, it was labeled as HDR, but it looked pretty normal for a youtube video, but, last night I noticed, wow the colors looked so much better, then I checked the quality settings and I noticed, it's only up to 1080p, but, the Youtube app now lets the iPhone X playback HDR videos in HDR, tested it on numerous and they all looked great one after another. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.

Reactions: Jetcat3 and nol2001

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah- shoot some of your own vids at 60 fps too. You'll see it looks so much nicer than 30 fps

nol2001

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
UK
I haven't seen this posted, but I have the most updated version of Youtube on my iPhone X and I watched an HDR video last night, it was labeled as HDR, but it looked pretty normal for a youtube video, but, last night I noticed, wow the colors looked so much better, then I checked the quality settings and I noticed, it's only up to 1080p, but, the Youtube app now lets the iPhone X playback HDR videos in HDR, tested it on numerous and they all looked great one after another. Just thought I'd share that with everyone.
When you go on 'stats for nerds' on one of these videos, is it in the VP9 codec?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.