Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Ok, I solved it myself. Here's how I did it:

Added sinfuliphonerepo.com to my Cydia sources, installed AppSync4.0-6.1 (or something similar, title was really long :D), then opened iFunBox on my computer and installed the v1.3 again. That time, it was successful. I've never been into the cracked app scene, so it took me some time to figure out I could use AppSync...

Original post:

Hi,

yesterday I downgraded to iOS 5.1.1 from 7.

When I then downloaded Youtube (v1.3) from the AppStore, it would install without any problems.

Today, I reinstalled iOS 5.1.1 and, of course, I tried downloading Youtube again. Turns out that coincidentally yesterday a new version (1.4) was released (edit: should have mentioned that 1.4 requires iOS 6). No problem, so I thought, as I had the old version in my iTunes library. Now, when I try to sync the app across to my phone, it copies the app to it just fine, but then when the app should install on the phone, an error pops up (on the phone), stating

"YouTube" failed to install.

Next, I tried installing it via iFunBox, but it'll just give me an error upon installation (again, the copying app to phone part seems to work).

I'd appreciate any input!

Cheers

Last edited:

Johnick

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
IPad 1 user here, Id love to get the last working version of the Youtube app for 5.1.1, is jailbreaking my only option ?.

Liebo

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
IPad 1 user here, Id love to get the last working version of the Youtube app for 5.1.1, is jailbreaking my only option ?.

Not anymore, App Store should give option to download last compatible version. Good luck,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.