Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2021
TV: Lg CX
ATV: Last Gen

I saw my YouTube app got an update and thought nothing of it then watched a YT vid that happened to be in HDR and my tv switched over to HDR to match it.

Not sure if I’m late to the party but nice!

Reactions: Topfry

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
Yesterday when I opened the YouTube app on my 2021 ATV, I was signed out and it made me sign back in. After doing do I could see the app looked different (better?) on my 2021 Samsung TV.
Now I know why. I don't really understand those nerd details when you dig into the app.
So thanks!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Yesterday when I opened the YouTube app on my 2021 ATV, I was signed out and it made me sign back in. After doing do I could see the app looked different (better?) on my 2021 Samsung TV.
Now I know why. I don't really understand those nerd details when you dig into the app.
So thanks!

Also look for in Samsung TV to turn off the windows.console setting Active Sync in TV! Also make sure you also use the high speed HDMi cable on 18Mbs and I get mini cheaply at MonoPrice.com!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.