Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Im having an annoying issue that started yesterday, but only with podcast videos strangely enough. And what do I mean by podcast videos? I mean podcasts that people have live streamed through YouTube and then been uploaded to their channel. I get the annoying "tap to retry" message. I am using an IPad Air 2 with latest firmware(same for the app).

I have tried the following. Turning the device off, deleting the app, signing out of the app, clearing all website data. The videos play absolutely fine when I delete the app and go through on safari(desktop version) and they play fine on my android phone(on the app).... So surely it must be a problem with my device or app I guess? I have contacted the YouTube help forum as of yesterday but have received no reply yet, so I thought I would post here.

If anyone can, please search "weapon wheel podcast" in YouTube and try to play it(in the app) on their ipad. I am just using this for example and can provide a link if you cant find it.

Do you guys have any ideas, suggestions or maybe a guess? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Also I'm not trying to bump this for the sake of it, but is this the best place to ask these type of questions on the forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.