Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
Hello.

I have recently upgraded my Mojave Macs to Catalina (2018 Mac mini, 2018 15" MacBook Pro).

YouTube videos played fine for the first week or so, but since yesterday or the day before that, 90% of YouTube videos do not play when on the YouTube page.
But if the video is embedded somewhere else (I try to embed one here), I can watch it.

Chrome does work okay, as I thought it would be the ISP somehow.

Anyone else having similar issues with Catalina? Should I upgrade to Snow Leopard?

I need my Finnegan fix.

Jupp, I can watch that video on MacRumors. Well, where can I create a spam thread for all my videos?

SOLUTION: updating AdBlocker from 1.2.4 to 2.1.2.

Last edited:

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
Adblocker is the "problem", though running Adblocker in Chrome does not prohibit video playback on YouTube.

nn88

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
Hello.

I have recently upgraded my Mojave Macs to Catalina (2018 Mac mini, 2018 15" MacBook Pro).

YouTube videos played fine for the first week or so, but since yesterday or the day before that, 90% of YouTube videos do not play when on the YouTube page.
But if the video is embedded somewhere else (I try to embed one here), I can watch it.

Chrome does work okay, as I thought it would be the ISP somehow.

Anyone else having similar issues with Catalina? Should I upgrade to Snow Leopard?

I need my Finnegan fix.

Jupp, I can watch that video on MacRumors. Well, where can I create a spam thread for all my videos?

SOLUTION: updating AdBlocker from 1.2.4 to 2.1.2.
I'm having the same issue. Any updates??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.