Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saviour29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2021
Recently, after many days, I decided to use my iPad 2 (running on iOS 9.3.5)for watching some YouTube videos.
But when I opened the app, it kept giving me an error message: "Error while loading, Tap to retry". I checked my internet which was fine.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing seems to work.
I know I can watch YouTube through safari but as you all know 1080p resolution is accessible only on the YouTube app.
So, Is there any way to run YouTube app on my iPad 2 without jailbreaking my device?

Attachments

• 16232417899407481967326759835778.jpg
    16232417899407481967326759835778.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,097

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Recently, after many days, I decided to use my iPad 2 (running on iOS 9.3.5)for watching some YouTube videos.
But when I opened the app, it kept giving me an error message: "Error while loading, Tap to retry". I checked my internet which was fine.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing seems to work.
I know I can watch YouTube through safari but as you all know 1080p resolution is accessible only on the YouTube app.
So, Is there any way to run YouTube app on my iPad 2 without jailbreaking my device?
If you take a look at the YouTube app’s system requirements for iPad (under Information > Compatibility), it requires iPadOS 11 or later.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I'm sorry to say, but it's time to upgrade. 10 Years is a long time for any tech product. As time goes on, more and more apps will become incompatible. It will not be worth the headache. The regular iPad will be a great upgrade and it won't break the bank.

Rubens Sayegh

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2021
Ok. It is time to update, buy a New device, etc... But for those that cannot buy a New device, or doesn't want to buy, what about older versions of YouTube, Netflix and other apps? I know there are versions of those apps that used to run on iOS 9.3.5 and/or iOS 9.3.6, but with the new app versions, they stopped working on these iOSs. How to get them? And how to get them from scratch? If I haven't used YTube or Nflix before, in another Apple device, that means I will no longer have any opportunities to use them in this device/iOS?

I have an iPad 3, with iOS 9.3.5 and...
Reinitiated it as Factory Default,
Jailbreak with Phoenix and the installed Cydia.
Ok. So far, so good...
But I noted that many Cydia tweaks, when installing, presented some errors. Could not fix that.
When I tried to download Youtube and/or Netflix, the "older versions"downloaded fine (at least it appeared so...), but when trying to run them, Youtube asked me to update this "old version" and Netflix, when trying to login, said my password "could not be found"... Netflix service support could not explain nor resolve this situation.

Does anybody has any ideas or tips on how to download a working copy of Youtube and/or Netflix (the IPA files), for iOS 9.3.5 or iOS 9.3.6, so I can install it using 3uTools? Is there any "IPA repository", just like Android's "ApkPure.com"?

Any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
The YouTube and Netflix servers are looking for specific app versions that support required features and will not serve content to older version. You will have to masquerade as a newer app on your device... dunno how to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.