Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
In the last few days, I've had an issue with text on youtube videos - the text of comments and titles is not visible, because it is white on white and in night mode black on black. Is this something you see or is it just an issue for me? This is true for both my iPhone 11 and iPad 10 (iOS 17.3.1, latest 17.3.1 latest), and latest version of the yt app.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
In the last few days, I've had an issue with text on youtube videos - the text of comments and titles is not visible, because it is white on white and in night mode black on black. Is this something you see or is it just an issue for me? This is true for both my iPhone 11 and iPad 10 (iOS 17.3.1, latest 17.3.1 latest), and latest version of the yt app.
I experience the issue after updating to 17.4, though it seems to be an issue with light mode. For now, I get around it by toggling light mode off / on again.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Same problem here, I exit and remove the app by sliding up to "force" a restart and it corrects itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.