Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tearfulheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2011
So far the past few days Youtube videos suddenly stopped working on Chrome. Each time I try to play a video I end up with a black screen like this:

Screenshot2011-05-25at110154.png

Strange thing is, it the videos play when they are embedded, just not on the actual website. It also works on other browsers. I've also tried Youtube's html5 player, but still no hope :(.

I don't recall downloading any new plugins or anything that could have instigate this. It simply stopped working for me.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Worst case, try a reinstall of chrome or reboot your mac. I've had this issue with safari and it's been resolved by doing either of these.

tearfulheart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2011
Have you tried clearing the browsers cache?

thanks! i cleared my browsing data for the past week and it worked :)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Worst case, try a reinstall of chrome or reboot your mac. I've had this issue with safari and it's been resolved by doing either of these.

i tried that before, was still the same. but clearing the browsing history worked a treat.

either way, thanks for the suggestions guys! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.