Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Hi,
I've tested both the App version and the direct Safari version of Youtube and neither allows me to sort the search results. I would like to see the newest videos first. So when I am looking for an artist or a product I want to see the newest videos first and not the old or random ones. This is a BASIC and ESSENTIAL function.

I've checked it with Youtube for iPhone and it also does not offer this possibility.

Seriously, whats wrong with you Steve? (or is this Googles fault as they made the app?)

Battlestar

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2010
Boston
I have noticed that many videos that are available through YouTube on my desktop are not available through the iPad's App.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I have noticed that many videos that are available through YouTube on my desktop are not available through the iPad's App.

+1

Probably the biggest disappointments with the app. They are obviously scrubbing which videos are accessible via the YouTube App and mobile browsers.

deenybird

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Youtube - why no option to order search results?
I agree! Major shortcoming. However the full YouTube is available via safari and you can use it as you do on the pc.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I agree! Major shortcoming. However the full YouTube is available via safari and you can use it as you do on the pc.

Only if you use the Desktop version of Youtube. If you use the touchscreen or mobile version in safari you won't have this option.

aygwm

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Desktop YouTube version

YouTube experience via Safari and the desktop version is the only way to go. Not only do you get all the search options, but it seems to trick the connection over 3G, delivering a much better stream over AT&T.

Battlestar

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2010
Boston

+1

Probably the biggest disappointments with the app. They are obviously scrubbing which videos are accessible via the YouTube App and mobile browsers.

Do you have any idea of what their criteria is for what gets on the iPad and what doesn't?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.