Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
It turns out the youtuber Johnatan Morrison has played a trick to the Pixel users by posting on his Instagram portraits taken by the iPhone XS and pretending to be taken from the Pixel.

Portrait 1
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bokj_AwhKR6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Portrait 2
https://www.instagram.com/p/BokNrIrh-yY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The comments are hilarious.

Here’s the reveal video

I think this shows the blind hate people have nowadays for a specific product or company which is ridiculous as we should appreciate all technology with valid criticism so it can improve.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I just love this. Great way to really show the hilarious bias some people have. The only true way to evaluate and compare is with double blind study. Where source of image is revealed only after comparisons and judgements are made.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
This is sweet. :) Cool prank.
Yes, the double standard is too obvious in tech nowadays. People complaining $1k iPhones as expensive, yet praising $1k Samsung phones being great value, just an example. And this. Hilarious.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Comes to show that fandroids are always out in full force to attack Apple in every public forum, while Apple fans don’t even care to troll Apple’s competitors. Here on Macrumors, on Instagram and even YouTube, the trolling is unsurprisingly one-sided.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
:rolleyes::p:eek:
Comes to show that fandroids are always out in full force to attack Apple in every public forum, while Apple fans don’t even care to troll Apple’s competitors. Here on Macrumors, on Instagram and even YouTube, the trolling is unsurprisingly one-sided.
What’s hugely hilarious is anyone thinking that what they post here actually changes anyone’s mind regarding what phone brand they buy. I ran a polling over year ago, asking who changed their choice of phone based on what others posted here. Came out like <1% were influenced.

I read the posts here to find out what the current concerns are and work arounds till corrections, usually to software, are made. Like the WiFi lock to 2.4MHz rather than 5 MHz. Work around was to assign separate SSID on home network for 5 MHz. The few times I have lost signal, switching airplane mode on and off solved issue in two seconds. Fully expect IOS 12.1 or 12.2 will address this.

I pick screen size and type, phone color, memory capacity based on what I want, not what herd gets. Could not care less about someone else’s perception of screen color, yellow, blue, etc. Never got a bad iphone since first one, 3GS. Always get AppleCare+ and never used it once yet. Always get refund for second year.

In any manufactured product their WILL be some fall out. Bad ones that get through. When you make 200 million of anything, having 10 to 20 thousand with flaws sneak by quality control is doing rather well. Anyone that exchanges a phone 5 to 10 times is simply OCD nitpick and not worth even considering their input. The odds of getting 10 bad phones in a row are so astronomical something else than phone is wrong.

The comments regarding posted pictures being so much better is clearly revealing that subjective comments need to be taken with a huge grain of salt. The bias is astounding. Pushing other makes of phones on an iPhone forum is certainly beating a dead horse. It’s always amazing how people get their jollies. Think i’ll mosey on over to android forum and let them know what bad choices they made not buying Apple. :D :eek: :rolleyes: Who knows, might be fun.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Because the average person these days is a moron and the true sheep in life believing crap they hear on social media rather than experience.

Reactions: HEK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.