Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
The one thing about the Invisible Shield product is that if you watch their video where they use a key to scratch the back of an iPhone 3G, you can clearly see the iPhone that got scratched had a film of something on its back that was scratched up by the key and not a naked iPhone. This is very misleading. Unless they were doing a side by side comparison of another product. If this is true then they never stated it.

Matrix86

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
Damn, too bad it wouldn't work for the zbuds..... btw anyone know the sound quality?

micsaund

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
I have to disagree.

I have found my z.buds to be very useable and high quality. As a matter of fact, I listened to them for 4 hours today on the airplane ride down here to FL for a vacation and even after several months of ownership, they are great. Especially on the plane -- the sound blocking design really helped eliminate the plane noise and the screaming infant in the row in front of me.

And, two of the guys at work have the Zagg inivisbleShield skins and they are great. I doubt you could scratch the shield without physically damaging the underlying phone. The one complaint they both have with the shield is that the edges collect lint from your pocket, so you have to get used to seeing fluff stuck around the seams on the shield.

Anyway, my review of the buds is below, and as for the Shield products, there's just what I've said here. The 50% off deal is killer IMO if you want these kinds of shields.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I have to disagree.

I have found my z.buds to be very useable and high quality. As a matter of fact, I listened to them for 4 hours today on the airplane ride down here to FL for a vacation and even after several months of ownership, they are great. Especially on the plane -- the sound blocking design really helped eliminate the plane noise and the screaming infant in the row in front of me.

And, two of the guys at work have the Zagg inivisbleShield skins and they are great. I doubt you could scratch the shield without physically damaging the underlying phone. The one complaint they both have with the shield is that the edges collect lint from your pocket, so you have to get used to seeing fluff stuck around the seams on the shield.

Anyway, my review of the buds is below, and as for the Shield products, there's just what I've said here. The 50% off deal is killer IMO if you want these kinds of shields.

Great review. the build quality is OUTSTANDING!!!.

Which model did you get? Withoor without noise cancellation.

thanks

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
If I knew the Zagg would fit the new iphone I would buy it now to save the extra 10 bucks. Knowing my luck and Apple it would be just different enough to where it wouldn't fit right

Matrix86

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
If I knew the Zagg would fit the new iphone I would buy it now to save the extra 10 bucks. Knowing my luck and Apple it would be just different enough to where it wouldn't fit right

I'm sure if they come out with a new iphone it will have different dimensions... God forbid all the stuff we already bought would fit the new phone. sigh....

abunai

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
I have the IS for my Iphone 3G... but somehow i managed to scratch it and havent had it for more than 2 weeks... wtf... and like a idiot i didnt register right away and tossed the receipt... Zagg now wants me to take off the shield and mail it to them and pay to get another set sent out which could take up to 3 weeks... wtf! So for 2-3 weeks my phone gets scratches?!?!?!?!?! I might as well just go buy another one install it and sell the replacement they give me back... annoying... to say the least

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I emailed the company about their misleading video, where the scratched iPhone had a film of something over its back. I believe it was this film that caused that iPhone to look worse than it normally would have after being scratched. They refused to acknowledge this and completely avoided the issue. The film was clearly visible in their video yet they won't address it even after several emails. They won't specifically say that other iPhone had a film on the back but they keep implying that it didn't.

I can't trust a company that plays word games with consumers and uses deceiving advertising tactics in which they won't own up when called on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.