Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm aware of the iPad mini 4's increased height/tallness. That being said, I'm wondering if this directly affects the compatibility of screen protectors, specifically the Zagg InvisibleShield series of screen protectors. Does anyone know if the InvisibleShield protectors that previously worked for the iPad mini, iPad mini 2 (aka "iPad mini with Retina Display"), and iPad mini 3 will work with the iPad mini 4? Or does the difference in height/tallness make enough of a difference to render these incompatible (and thusly necessitate different protectors)? I ask because I stocked up on them thinking that I'd use them with an iPad mini 3 that I never bought and am wondering if I need to buy a newer one.

Also, I'm a huge fan of their "smudge-proof" protectors and I fear that, if the previous protectors are not compatible, that Zagg will not release a smudge-proof protector for the mini 4. So yeah, if anyone knows for sure or has found anything useful from Zagg's page (that I, myself, could not find), please clue me in. Thanks!

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I'm aware of the iPad mini 4's increased height/tallness. That being said, I'm wondering if this directly affects the compatibility of screen protectors, specifically the Zagg InvisibleShield series of screen protectors. Does anyone know if the InvisibleShield protectors that previously worked for the iPad mini, iPad mini 2 (aka "iPad mini with Retina Display"), and iPad mini 3 will work with the iPad mini 4? Or does the difference in height/tallness make enough of a difference to render these incompatible (and thusly necessitate different protectors)? I ask because I stocked up on them thinking that I'd use them with an iPad mini 3 that I never bought and am wondering if I need to buy a newer one.

Also, I'm a huge fan of their "smudge-proof" protectors and I fear that, if the previous protectors are not compatible, that Zagg will not release a smudge-proof protector for the mini 4. So yeah, if anyone knows for sure or has found anything useful from Zagg's page (that I, myself, could not find), please clue me in. Thanks!
It's only a bit taller (.13 inches)and the width is the same so a screen protector is not going to be affected noticeably. My 3rd party sleeves and bags will be fine.
Now its a different story with fitted cases and covers with magnets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.