Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txa1265

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Hi! I bought an iPad Mini 4 LTE a couple of months ago to replace an iPad Pro that was stolen, and at the same time bought the Zagg Folio keyboard cover.

I have owned a keyboard of some type with every iPad I've had since the original iPad, and never had a serious issue.

Immediately I noticed that the keyboard would quickly go to sleep and take a few seconds to wake up - very different than the ZaggKeys Ultimate BT keyboard I have been using with various iOS and Android devices for the last couple of years. But apparently that is normal. I learned to deal with that.

But occasionally I would find that certain things would stop working correctly - I couldn't get capital letters using the shift key, the '.' would not function, and so on. Generally doing something like disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard from the iPad and rebooting the iPad would take care of things.

Last week the 'p' key stopped working. This time I had to power off the keyboard manually to get it to work again. Things worked well for just a few hours, then the backspace key wasn't working and also the 'p' key was acting up ... and now the power button wasn't responding ...and when I unpaired from the iPad I found that the Bluetooth button wasn't working either!

I had just recharged the keyboard full (just in case), but plugging it in allowed for the Bluetooth button to reconnect the keyboard, but didn't change the situation with the 'p' or backspace keys.

I have searched around the Zagg site and probably need to contact their support about this ... just wanted to see if others have experienced something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.