Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
I picked up the Zaggkeys Pro at Best Buy for $99. Best keyboard feel compared to my 1st gen Adonit Writer, and the Logitech Ultrathin. The keys feel as good/better than my MacBook Air. The Zaggkeys Pro just feels solid with great fit and finish. When closed with the iPad, it's definitely buttoned up. It's not going to detach like the Ultrathin whose spine magnets are pretty weak. BUT, the downside to the Zaggkeys Pro is that the slot's magnets are DAMN weak! Almost non-existant. This would have been the perfect case for me except that when you shift the combo on your lap, you have the potential of having the iPad tilt out. Not sure what Zagg was thinking with putting weak magnets in. I don't think it's a manufacturing defect as other reviewers note this. Another first world problem I guess. I want the Zagg keyboard with the Ultrathin's strong magnetic slot, or the Ultrathin with the Zagg's excellent keyboard and strong magnetic closure. Can't decide at the moment.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Just an update. I've decided to keep the Zagg Pro. The build quality and finish, the excellent keyboard, and the solid buttoned up closed feel tops the Logitech Ultrathin for me. Even though the Zagg's slot doesn't have as strong as a magnet as the Logitech, the iPad still stays in place in my lap or laying down. You can't lift the entire combo up like with the Ultrathin, but the other pluses make this particular point trivial. I went back and forth using the two and when I went back to the Ultrathin, I have to say it felt cheap and flimsy after using the Zagg Pro. Thanks for your attention and time.

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
do you have any back protection for the iPad? I have the zagg pro and the logitech ultrathin, but am going to return the logitech on account of its weak magnet. I'm concerned about the back protection of the iPad though. Thanks

Just an update. I've decided to keep the Zagg Pro. The build quality and finish, the excellent keyboard, and the solid buttoned up closed feel tops the Logitech Ultrathin for me. Even though the Zagg's slot doesn't have as strong as a magnet as the Logitech, the iPad still stays in place in my lap or laying down. You can't lift the entire combo up like with the Ultrathin, but the other pluses make this particular point trivial. I went back and forth using the two and when I went back to the Ultrathin, I have to say it felt cheap and flimsy after using the Zagg Pro. Thanks for your attention and time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.