Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmackgt89

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
:confused:

I bought a zCover Silicon Keyboard Cover at the local Apple Store yesterday. When I got home and put it on I was very disappointed! The keys have no feel anymore! Just hitting a key requires a conscious effort to strike on top of the key - dead center.

Are there any tricks to putting this thing on? Will it settle on the keyboard better over time?

Thanks in advance for the help!

hughfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
I bought a zCover and used it for about a month and never did get used to the darn thing, for exactly the reason you describe. I went back to the Apple store and bought an iSkin which I like ever so much better. It's a softer silicone and really does conform to the keys so that typing is effortless. If you can, I suggest you return to the store and exchange your zCover for the iSkin.
(I also have an iSkin on the wireless keyboard for my iMac and it took me about 5 minutes to get used to the touch. Should have just bought the iSkin for the MB, but the zCover was a few bucks cheaper. Lesson learned.)

Pacer69

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
Lesson learned, next time maybe try to read some online reviews. Those did steer me away from that maker. I just bought a cheapie off eBay for about $7 delivered. I'll report my experience when it gets here.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I just purchased an iskin cover for my MBA and so far i don't think i like it much. It is rather thing but typing is somewhat harder to do. It doesn't really feel that good and it doesn't stay on to well wither. I am a bit concerned about air circulation because I would think the keyboard is a source for cool air to circulate through the system. I think I will be taking it back tomorrow. Just 24.99 that I could use elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.