Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
I'm trying to install a Zen Go interface on a new M2 mini. They have an app, the Antelope Launcher, first I installed it on my extra disc then later installed it on the system disc. At one point in time I had 3 dialogs come up that said something blocked extensions.
The only extension showing in my settings is the Luminar Neo extension.

Help me Obi-Wan you're my only hope

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I don't have a Zen Go.

Does the interface show up in Audio/MIDI Setup?
I would think that's the first step -- to see that the OS "recognizes" its presence "on the bus".

If not, seems to me there's a setting in System Settings (in the privacy & security?) that you need to tinker with in order to get the OS to "accept" USB devices. Sorry I can't help more with that, but I'm "back on Mojave" and have only seen it mentioned in the forums.

Regarding software that won't load or launch, could the software itself require updates?

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Yeah this mini came with Ventura. I had looked in audio midi setup but looked again and nothing there.

The hardware lights up and clicks but if you press anything it says register first, it's Thunderbolt, I forgot to mention.

So their software has to get installed correctly, I had trouble installing the app that lets you write to NTFS but couldn't get extensions to work for it. I tried opening a ticket with Apple, spent an hour or so but was having a hard time talking to them, didn't get anything done, just reformatted my external disc.

So is there somewhere else to examine kernel extensions? the software has to do it? I have a ticket with Antelope Audio so maybe I hear from them.

Thinking about uninstalling and starting over, not sure I know how to actually do that...

Thanks

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Thinking I could start over and give it another try...

Erase your Mac and reset it to factory settings​

Use Erase All Content and Settings to quickly and securely erase all settings, data, and apps, while maintaining the operating system currently installed.

Are there things to think about before doing that?

Thanks everyone.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
I only have one app installed but still seems drastic...

I installed the launcher on a different mac mini, an M1.

I saw where I messed up on the M2 install, the launcher tried to enable extensions and it was blocked but I didn't notice that I needed to change permissions to all extensions from Antelope Audio.

So I did it right on the M1 and it worked and I heard Studio One through it.

I want to put the interface on the m2 mini though...
How do I get the launcher to try and enable extensions again so I can ok it?

Or another way to add their extensions...

Thanks

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
You may need to disable system integrity protection (SIP).
I know the routine for doing this on Intel Macs, not sure about m-series Macs.
Give this a try:

First -- check SIP:
Open terminal (in utilities)
Type:
csrutil status
...and press return.

You should get either "enabled" or "disabled".
If you get "enabled", here's how to turn it off.

Power down, all the way off.
Press AND HOLD the power on button for about 5 seconds.
Screen should display (in small text):
"Continue holding for startup options"

When you see something like:
"Loading startup options",
...you can let go.

You should see the icon for the hard drive.
Don't click this.
Click "Options" instead.

The recovery options will load.
Now you'll see a screen with a list of choices in front of you.
Don't choose ANY of them!

Instead, go to the menu bar.
Under "Utilities", choose "Terminal".
The terminal window will open.

Type this:
csrutil disable
...and hit return.

Once this is done, QUIT terminal.
Now go back to the menu bar, and under the Apple, choose "Restart".

The Mac will reboot.
When you get back to the finder, open terminal again.
Again type:
csrutil status
... and hit return.

Now, terminal should respond with:
csrutil disabled.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT.

NOW try to install the apps you need again, and see if the necessary extensions get installed this time around.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Thanks for replying, I was away and just getting back to this.

Heard from support:

After that boot your computer, open the Antelope Launcher and go to "System". Install Manager Server version 1.8.12. After that 1.8.12 should be marked as "current".
Then uninstall the Unified Driver you had already installed and install again 4.5.0. After successful installation you will be asked to allow extension "Elektrosfera". Please allow it and restart your computer after.
If there is no pop-up message asking you to allow extension, please uninstall your Unified Driver once again from the Antelope Launcher and this time install version 4.4.0.
--------

I have to hold the power button down for 22 seconds to get it to go in to recovery mode, I think that's what it's called.
I checked my permissions there and they are set to enable kernel extensions from trusted vendors etc.

Thing is I need to trigger the dialog so it asks me to accept "Elektrosfera" as trusted vendor.

I did what he said several times but wasn't able to trigger those dialogs.

On my other machine, I triggered those dialogs and did what they said and all was good.

This machine I closed them, thought they were errors. Got to get them to show back up again.

Doesn't seem to be a place that I can just go turn that on...

Thanks again.

I'll try that integrity protection (SIP) next time, burnt out now.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Can't get the OS to ask me about the vendor.

Thinking about the restore to new thing. I only have 2 apps installed.

Anything to do first? I haven't actually used the computer besides editing raw files and trying to install the interface.

If it was new I think it should work, just don't deny the vendor . Don't learn anything from success.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Going to today, just wanted to try their support path.

I'll do that then after I hear back from then restore the computer if all else fails.

Thanks

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
I disabled SIP, shows disabled from terminal.

I ran through the launcher and reinstalled drivers and things, got some new notices, one that said extension blocked and one that said extension updated.

When that works then the launcher will see the interface and set it all up, but it can't see it yet.

Yeah, I'll see if support has any more to say then I think I'm headed for Factory Reset.

Thanks again, guess this is the way I learn mac.

tacman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2022
Finally got it working! Support had a bunch of stuff to do and unplug everything and reinstall drivers, still didn't work.

Then I saw was a place in privacy that said there were problems and I was able to ok the extensions and everything worked.

Thanks for your help Fishrrman!

Reactions: Fishrrman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.