Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcooked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
I’m having the strangest thing with my family share of Apple Card. My card works perfectly fine, but my wife’s, and my two kids cards won’t work for online purchases or pay at the gas pump.

When they key in the zip code, it’s coming up invalid. They have the address and zip correctly in both the card and Apple Pay Cash.

I have contacted support and they kicked to Goldman. I’m supposed to get a call back in ten days. This negates one of the main drivers for us, as the extra cars for my teen son was going to be used for gas. But… pay at the pump doesn’t work with the manual card.

I am hoping someone else has experienced this and knows a fix.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I don't have an answer for you, but having to wait 10 days for a reply is a pretty long time. Did Goldman explain why such a delay?

rcooked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
I don't have an answer for you, but having to wait 10 days for a reply is a pretty long time. Did Goldman explain why such a delay?
They did not. They were friendly, but had to put in a ticket and kick up the chain. I’m guessing this will be the end of the road for myself and the card. If the family share cards don’t work, I don’t need it. Shame, I like the interface and all.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Did you move recently? I had a card that my wife and I shared require me to type in the new zip while hers had the old zip for whatever reason. That only lasted for a month then it finally started asking for the latest zip code.

In Settings --> Apple ID --> Payment & Shipping - is the shipping address correct?

Reactions: 0128672

rcooked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
Did you move recently? I had a card that my wife and I shared require me to type in the new zip while hers had the old zip for whatever reason. That only lasted for a month then it finally started asking for the latest zip code.

In Settings --> Apple ID --> Payment & Shipping - is the shipping address correct?
Nope, same house for 20 years. Addresses are correct in each phone. My card works fine - swipe, Apple Pay, etc…. It’s just the three other cards for wife and kids don’t. They can swipe, but no online or pay at pump because of zip input.

• Sad
Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.