Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Hey guys,

Since getting my iPad I have been looking into options for cases. I purchased a BodyGuardz protector for the iPad and have been using that as my only form of protection. I have not purchased any other cases so far. Going from videos, reviews, etc. I think I pretty much know all the options and what is best for me. I have some credit to use on Buy.com so I decided I would go ahead and see if there was a case there that I like since I don't need anything else.

My top pick from Buy.com for an iPad case also happens to be one of my top picks overall. That case is the ZooGue case. While it isn't my favorite looking case, I think it is going to provide the most function. I have pretty much decided that the most important feature to me is a case that works well for propping the iPad up. With the BodyGuardz I don't think I really need anything extra to prevent scratches and I have a good bag I put the iPad in when I'm not using it. However, I have found my favorite place to use the iPad is on the couch or at night in bed and I just can't find a comfortable way to hold the iPad. I have considered getting a laptop desk, but that would be bulky and really only serve one purpose. The ZooGue case seems like it is going to offer the most options in terms of viewing angles and things like that, looks like it will protect the iPad well, etc.

So, my two main questions are:

1. Does anyone that owns this case currently have a full body skin on their iPad? I used to didn't think it made that much of a difference until I tried to use one on my iPod Touch and then put it in a case and it didn't fit. I just want to double check that the iPad will still fit since I have a BodyGuardz protector installed.

2. Any opinions on this case if you own it? I have read a lot of good reviews so I think it is a pretty good case, but any problems or issues you experienced would be helpful.

Thanks for any advice and info... if you think there may be a better option for me I'm welcome to recommendations as well.

Thanks!

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
Hey guys,

So, my two main questions are:

1. Does anyone that owns this case currently have a full body skin on their iPad? I used to didn't think it made that much of a difference until I tried to use one on my iPod Touch and then put it in a case and it didn't fit. I just want to double check that the iPad will still fit since I have a BodyGuardz protector installed.

2. Any opinions on this case if you own it? I have read a lot of good reviews so I think it is a pretty good case, but any problems or issues you experienced would be helpful.

Thanks for any advice and info... if you think there may be a better option for me I'm welcome to recommendations as well.

Thanks!

I do have the ZooGue, and yes, the ipad will fit with a full body skin on. I have nothing negative to say about the ZooGue case. It's quite versatile and functional.

With that being said, if your primarily looking for something to use while on the couch or just lying in bed, I suggest you at least consider the wedgepad as a possible choice. http://www.wedgepad.com (see the ongoing thread in this forum)

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I do have the ZooGue, and yes, the ipad will fit with a full body skin on. I have nothing negative to say about the ZooGue case. It's quite versatile and functional.

With that being said, if your primarily looking for something to use while on the couch or just lying in bed, I suggest you at least consider the wedgepad as a possible choice. http://www.wedgepad.com (see the ongoing thread in this forum)

Great, thanks for the info. It is surprising how much size a little skin can add to a device. Glad to hear you like the case, aside from the overall look of it (I prefer something like the Marware Eco Vue) I think it will work very well.

I have considered the wedge and I do think it would work very well for what I want. But, after thinking about it more, I think the ZooGue may be the better choice because it will offer a lot more features than the wedge. Since I'm thinking about getting an iMac down the road I'm waiting to get a keyboard for the iPad so I can just use the one from the iMac, the ZooGue case will work well for typing on the iPad or holding it up when I'm using another keyboard. I can take the case with me on the go and use it, etc. I think the Wedge would work well, I have been using the idea and trying to use things to prop the iPad up until I get something better, but I think if I go with an actual case I will have everything I need in one package.

Thanks again for the help and the suggestion!

NYs FURY

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
I own three iPad cases and the Zoo Gue is by far the best one. The case is well made and it has withstood some rough handling on my part. Also, the versatility this case offers is priceless.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
The wedgepad is so hideous... who is going to carry that around town and not expect someone to give you a wedgie supreme...

Nobody suggested to carry the wedge pad around town. If you had bothered to read the op's original post, you would have picked up on the fact that he mentioned the main purpose of the case would be for couch/bed usage...thus the wedge pad suggestion.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Nobody suggested to carry the wedge pad around town. If you had bothered to read the op's original post, you would have picked up on the fact that he mentioned the main purpose of the case would be for couch/bed usage...thus the wedge pad suggestion.

Of course no one suggested to carry that around town, because they'd get a massive wedgie. Who wants to carry a pillow with them to Starbucks, office, or school. It'd be nice to use at home, though may as well use a cushion or bed pillow.

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I own three iPad cases and the Zoo Gue is by far the best one. The case is well made and it has withstood some rough handling on my part. Also, the versatility this case offers is priceless.

Thanks for letting me know! From what I have found so far in my research, the ZooGue is the most functional, which I think is important. I don't think it is the nicest looking, but should I ever need something that looks better, I will just get something else.

I haven't ordered the case yet, I have been a little sidetracked and keep forgetting... haven't even had much time to use the iPad lately, which is when I normally remember that I need get it ordered :D

Thanks again for the suggestion. I had heard about it, but kind of forgot about it. Once I get the ZooGue and have time to use it, I will see how it works to see if I still need the wedge pad. I can tell it would work perfectly, but I like to get as much out of each item as I can :p

Of course no one suggested to carry that around town, because they'd get a massive wedgie. Who wants to carry a pillow with them to Starbucks, office, or school. It'd be nice to use at home, though may as well use a cushion or bed pillow.

The wedge pad is definitely for home use only... although it would be funny to see someone use it out in public :rolleyes: I have been using a pillow to hold my iPad up in bed and stuff. It works, but it isn't ideal because it constantly slides around, isn't in the right position, etc. It works in a pickle, but for extended use something like the wedge pad that would actually hold the iPad would be a lot nicer.

Thanks for the comments and info!

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Not sure if you heard but I just saw ZooGue has a new V2 iPad Case now. It looks way better than that first one with the big logo.

I did see that. I'm definitely going to get that one instead. I'm going to wait a little while and see if Buy.com gets them, if not I will just order it somewhere else and use my credit for something else. It seems silly to go with the old one now since they made some improvements.

Thanks for the heads up though. I actually almost missed out on this but kind heard about it by mistake the other day. I would have been upset if I ordered it only to find out the new one was available.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.