Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenganis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Does noone own this case?

If I do end up getting it, I'll post a review!

tenganis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Getting it!

I was able to get the Ipad air 2 at Target with the $140 gift card on Black Friday weekend, and therefore decided to get the ipad air 2 instead of the mini that I was originally planning to get.

In any case, I have ordered the Zoogue case (pre-order):

http://www.zoogue.com/best-ipad-air-2-case-prodigy-elite/

I hesitated between this and the Apple Smart Case, but I had the smart case with the Ipad 3 and did not like it for watching movies/videos in the bed/or on the couch (would not stay up), whereas this seems like it would stay up in these circumstances.

I will post a review once it arrives :cool:

themetnut

macrumors member
May 16, 2014
I have this case and it is wonderful! The Stand function on it is awesome, it comes with a strap to secure it closed, and it has the sleep/wake function as well. I would highly recommend. Make sure it's the case prodigy elite.

tenganis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I have this case and it is wonderful! The Stand function on it is awesome, it comes with a strap to secure it closed, and it has the sleep/wake function as well. I would highly recommend. Make sure it's the case prodigy elite.

Thank you for responding! I am glad to hear from at least one person who has it. Do you have the case for the mini or the air (or other?). My main concern is whether it would add bulk and weight to the air 2...

I did order the prodigy elite, but it's back-ordered... should ship on the 15th!

themetnut

macrumors member
May 16, 2014
I have it for the mini 2, fits nice. It will add bulk for sure, probably because of all of the magnets... For the air I think it said the case weighs about 330g which practically doubles the weight of the mini. But I would still recommend!

tenganis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
It finally arrived!

Hi Everyone,

As promised, I am writing a post to give you my first impressions on the Zoogue Prodigy Elite case for the iPad air 2.

I have only had it for a about an hour and am writing from my iPad which is in that case right now. Overall, it is a really nice case. It looks really professional and classy.

I love the different viewing angles. Coming from using the apple smart case, the addition of so many different angles is really nice. I love that it stays very stable even in the most upright angle, when it is placed on an uneven
surface or the bed. The smart case would definitely struggle to stay up and not fall down.

Now the negatives: well there is really only one negative, but i think it could be a big negative for lots of people. It is fairly heavy and almost doubles the weight of the iPad air 2. Given that one of the main strength of the air 2 is how light it is, I find it to be a significant issues and hopes that the company continue to go in the direction of making the cases lighter, otherwise it is just about perfect for my needs and I really love it.

I will report on the case after a few days of use. I also got a khomo case in the gold color which is much lighter, but has the same shortcomings at the smart case in my opinion.

Hope this is helpful for those of you who might be curious about the case! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.