Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have AirPods (G2), AirPods 3, and AirPods Pro. They all cut out and have problems with only Zoom.
Has anybody else seen this or found a solution? I have tried lowering the background noise management, but you cannot turn it off altogether.

Reactions: srbNYC

stratcat69

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2021
I'm having this same issue ..latest Mac OS (Monterey) and AirPods Pro firmware. frustrating. have you found a fix?

Reactions: srbNYC

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Oh, wow, was just about to post the same. ONLY on Zoom. Calls start fine, and then after some time, sound starts getting underwater-y, and worse and worse. Other participants also say my sound gets quite bad.

I disconnect and use speakers and MacBook Air mic, and all is fine, so it's not the Zoom connection.

Very new problem; last version or two, or perhaps the AirPods firmware update. This is really frustrating.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Interesting. However, I didn't have any issues the past 2 years of Zooming, until a couple of months ago. So it's someone's update: either Zoom, or AirPods, or Mac. So many suspects....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.