Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I've seen some complaints that text isn't that much better on the Max in terms of size/readability. I'm not sure if this is well known, but previous to the X the iphones had an accessibility setting that would slightly zoom everything. It was great for enlarging text and other UI elements. I missed this on my X. On the Xs Max (I don't believe they put it back in for the regular Xs) it has made a return.

You can find it in accessibility. Makes a HUGE difference and really utilizes the larger screen of the Max effectively, especially for those of us with failing eyes that need a little extra boost in readability.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I see most people complaining that the max screen doesn't show enough extra information, i.e. they want everything to be smaller. Personally as someone with a vision impairment who needs large font the display zoom on the max is something that interests me and may get me back on the iPhone from my note 8

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Once the apps get updated for the max things will be better. I personally don’t like zoomed in content.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I use the zoom option but am still finding body text in emails and some webpages harder to read on the Max than the 8. All settings are the same.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I use the zoom option but am still finding body text in emails and some webpages harder to read on the Max than the 8. All settings are the same.

Have you increased the size of text? I am the other way and wish things were smaller, hate zoom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.