Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have an iPad mini or 12.9-inch iPad Pro in addition to your 10-11 inch iPad?

• I also have an iPad mini

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I also have a 12.9-inch iPad Pro

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I have at least one iPad for each of the three size categories

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I only have a 10-11 inch iPad (iPad, iPad Air, or 11-inch iPad Pro)

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • I don't own a 10-11 inch iPad

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I have owned an iPad Mini since they were introduced in late 2012. I currently own a 5th Generation Mini. I purchased an iPad Air 5th Generation last fall, but I also decided to also keep the Mini and not sell it or trade it in. It still has excellent performance, although the battery life is somewhat degraded due to nearly 4 years of heavy usage. I still use the Mini about a 3rd of the time that I use an iPad, although I am not sure I will keep two iPads when the Mini gets retired for good.
I’m the same. I’ve owned every generation of mini going back to the first gen. The iPad mini was my first iPad. Then I later got the iPad Air in 2014. Since 2014 I’ve always had an iPad mini and larger iPad.

BruChan

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2021
You’ll find that a lot of posters in here have multiple iPad sizes for different tasks.
Some of those even have multiple of the same size, but differing models.
I had an iPad Pro 11 M2 but just sold it to have some money to contribute to buying the new M4 11 inch iPad Pro which delivers 5/15. I also have an iPad mini 6 but may sell it too since the latest iPad Pro with OLED and M4 processor will be so great to use why have anything else?

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
That's kind of why I put up a poll. :p
You didn’t include my scenario. I have an iPad Pro 11 (will be getting a new one Wednesday so I’ll probably end up with two), an iPad Air 4 (another 10-11”), and a Mini. Your poll only allows me to choose either the Mini or another 10-11”, but not both.

I’m also getting a 13” Air Wednesday. I may keep everything I have or I may give the Air 4 to one of my brothers. Haven’t decided. I will probably keep the older iPP 11 to use like I’ve been using the Air 4, mainly to watch videos.

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
I see the Mini get a lot of adoration but I can’t really work out the appeal. Unless it’s specifically for hand written notes, a Max iPhone surely fills that space well enough? The Mini is the perfect size to be awkward and useless for me - not small enough to put in jeans pockets, not big enough to be worth picking up instead of my 14PM.

I’ve had 3 iPads (including the M4 arriving later this week) and they’ve all been the 11” version. i definitely can’t see an appeal of having a second one unless it had a specific purpose - being a dedicated smart house hub for instance, or if someone used one for work. I mean, why don’t we see the same buying and usage habits with phones and computers? Obviously there’s a use for a desktop and laptop, but I don’t think too many people have multiple laptops or multiple desktops, or multiple phones outside of one being a work phone.

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
You didn’t include my scenario. I have an iPad Pro 11 (will be getting a new one Wednesday so I’ll probably end up with two), an iPad Air 4 (another 10-11”), and a Mini. Your poll only allows me to choose either the Mini or another 10-11”, but not both.

I’m also getting a 13” Air Wednesday. I may keep everything I have or I may give the Air 4 to one of my brothers. Haven’t decided. I will probably keep the older iPP 11 to use like I’ve been using the Air 4, mainly to watch videos.
I have to ask, how do/will you use 4-5 iPads?

Reactions: DaPhox

NikkiAngel

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I have a 10th gen and a mini 6. My mini is my everyday carry that slips in my purse when I go out. I use it for quick emails and work tasks, reading while out general browsing. I also tend to travel with just the mini and my MBA.

My 10th gen I purchased for guitar charts, but I am upgrading it for an iPad Pro for the OLED screen and better refresh rates. Sometimes my mini and 10th tend to hurt my eyes and I’m sure it’s because of the refresh rate. I previously had a 12.9 pro that I gave to my husband when I got the mini but I feel like my eyes didn’t hurt as much using the pro.

I also use the 10th gen as a tv and general entertainment device.

Would I buy a mini again? Maybe? But my eyes kind of suck and sometimes the mini is difficult to see things on, but you can’t beat the size. It’s super easy to carry.

Last edited:

losta

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
NY Metro area
I have an iPad Mini 6th gen, iPad Air 5th gen, 7th or 8th gen iPad, currently 3rd gen 11" iPad Pro but I'm trading that in towards the M4 11". I keep one nearly every place I sit in my home.

Reactions: Crow_Servo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.