Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Anyone else finding that sites don't support this any more, and pics don't load in Twitter, you can't even click on a button/post/search in Twitter. I tried Chrome, but can't reduce the page to view in it. Twitter won't reduce sufficiently to view in Chrome, and Safari is fading fast.

Google doesn't help, after what they did to Safari 5.1.10, and everyone else just followed suit. More and more sites won't even acknowledge the browser now.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Yes, Safari for 10.6.8 is not a very good browser, and increasingly a security risk. I use Firefox, and it's much snappier, but still has issues. It's about time to buy a new Mac for me, as mine will only support Lion.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
I don't rate Chrome either. Is Firefox a better bet than Chrome? Chrome tends to be slow and sends the fan to new heights that Safari didn't ever do. Is FF the best bet for 10.6.8 now?

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
I'm using Firefox all the way here in Snow Leopard on a 2010 MBP. Only uses Chrome for Flash contents.

Off-topic - Even on Mavericks and Yosemite, I still use Firefox because both Safari 7 and 8 sap resources from other apps, causing it to slow down intermittently. Most apparent is VLC playback stutter when loading heavy webbies on Safari.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, I'll give it a go, I thought it was a bigger hog than Chrome which is why I didn't load FF, I'm surprised the new Safaris are affecting other apps, especially when you're viewing something in VLC too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.