Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm very curious if anyone else is having this bug. I had never experienced it prior to updating to version 16.4.1, when it started happening immediately.

The astronomy wallpaper always displays the proper sun location on the lock screen. However, when I unlock the device, it stops updating every few hours, abruptly changing to the sun location at the moment it stopped working. The only way I've found to fix this is to go to 'Customize Wallpaper' on the lock screen, then hit 'Done'. Then it works properly until it stops working again in a few hours.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's very visually abrupt, so it always catches my eye. I am incredibly hopeful that this will be fixed in the next update, or even the current beta.
🤞

Reactions: Jhonjhon236

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Yes, and it’s driving me crazy. It just started happening within the past couple weeks.

joeljoslin

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2021
Have submitted an iOS bug report. Suggest you guys do the same! I love the astronomy wallpaper but this bug is blatant and very visible.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Yes, and it’s driving me crazy. It just started happening within the past couple weeks.

Have submitted an iOS bug report. Suggest you guys do the same! I love the astronomy wallpaper but this bug is blatant and very visible.
I downloaded the public beta out of desperation to fix it, thankfully it is fixed in the beta. Such a relief honestly.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Update: still not fixed with 16.5 installed.

Ugh.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.