Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Here is the update I have.

i read through this thread again - but none of the advice seemed to fit in.

Must be as it says in one of those screenshots; That there's not enough information to reset the password immediately. The rest of us commenting on here have probably never been in that situation because we have enough personal stuff attached to our AppleID that we have many avenues for Immediate resets. - Bummer but I'm not really sure there's any way around that
[automerge]1602856860[/automerge]
Ridgid security is a good thing in most cases, but when it keeps the rightful owner out, then it has failed miserably.

As far as Apple is concerned though the rightful owner is the guy who purchased all this gear with his personal AppleID who no longer works for this institution. Not really the fault of Apple's security protocols

Reactions: benyben123

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
As far as Apple is concerned though the rightful owner is the guy who purchased all this gear with his personal AppleID who no longer works for this institution. Not really the fault of Apple's security protocols

Granted, but this could be easily fixed by requiring any systems used by any type of organization (education, business etc.) to be registered to the organization. Not any individual. People come and go. Quit, get fired die etc.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Granted, but this could be easily fixed by requiring any systems used by any type of organization (education, business etc.) to be registered to the organization. Not any individual. People come and go. Quit, get fired die etc.

Yes. But Apple already recommends that; But how would they enforce it? They couldn't know this bloke was buying these iPads for a school. This is on the school who should've enforced this, not on Apple's part

Reactions: cdcastillo

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
Yes. But Apple already recommends that; But how would they enforce it? They couldn't know this bloke was buying these iPads for a school. This is on the school who should've enforced this, not on Apple's part
Simply offer the option at purchase to have what you buy registered to you, an organization, or another individual if it's a gift. Pretty simple solution.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
That’s assuming the employee didn’t just buy the iPads because he was told to and didn’t bother to think through the management aspect of it. My company had 5-6 iPads that are useless because until I got there they didn’t have an on-site tech guy.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Simply offer the option at purchase to have what you buy registered to you, an organization, or another individual if it's a gift. Pretty simple solution.

Buying for an institution is already an option. It goes through a separate channel because of things like bulk discounts and such but it is an option and any institution has the responsibility to make purchases through the organisation and not through an individual.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, poor management oversight at the school. This guy should not have been reimbursed until the school examined what he had done. But I guess he simply submitted his credit card statement to Mrs. Jones in the office and received his money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.