Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rondocap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
So far everything running fine - will do some tests.

I connected it to an iMac Pro via eGPU, my Vega 56 got a metal scope of 54,353 on Geekbench 5, and the 6800xt got 136,676

So far tested just on the iMac Pro egpu on FCPX, worked fine with no issues, seems really fast. Will test on Mac Pro later as well vs W5700X dual

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
So far everything running fine - will do some tests.

I connected it to an iMac Pro via eGPU, my Vega 56 got a metal scope of 54,353 on Geekbench 5, and the 6800xt got 136,676

So far tested just on the iMac Pro egpu on FCPX, worked fine with no issues, seems really fast. Will test on Mac Pro later as well vs W5700X dual
Thank you so much, do you have any experience how the eGPU works on Windows 10?
I would love to know which eGPU enclosure you have. I am always looking for a good mint condition iMac Pro here where I live and the concept to have an even faster eGPU doesn't loose its attractively. Can't shake it loose, posts like you encourage this train of thought even more. Do you have any pics from your nice eGPU setup, which enclosed would you use in conjunction with the iMac Pro?

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
Thank you so much, do you have any experience how the eGPU works on Windows 10?
I would love to know which eGPU enclosure you have. I am always looking for a good mint condition iMac Pro here where I live and the concept to have an even faster eGPU doesn't loose its attractively. Can't shake it loose, posts like you encourage this train of thought even more. Do you have any pics from your nice eGPU setup, which enclosed would you use in conjunction with the iMac Pro?
I use the razer core X and has worked great with mac and windows.
I will say I had a more stable system with Win 10 and bootcamp than MacOS with the same EGPU.

If you can have a desktop with the gpu inside it is a much faster system than egpu still [probably 20% at least and very noticeable]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.