Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
back when i was watching people at the keynote go crazy for the iphone, i noticed a very striking similarity between the people and the apes in 2001: a space odessy.
check out the pic i made.
also, i think it would be a good idea for apple to use this in an ad campaign, because it is typically more focused on making people want something rather than know about it, such as the 1984 ad, and the new "get a mac" ads.
space_oddesy_iphone2.jpg

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Hi
Priceless. You should see the photos others have posted and read the article by Rob [Griffith] over at Macworld[.com] about the crowds surrounding the only two iPhone displays at the expo.

Though, this behavior has happened many expos.

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
if he did that, i bet that the person who would catch it would not be the one to leave with it.
I got thinking, and this might be a good direction for apple to take their ads (at least i think so). I thought it would be kinda like the 1984 original mac ads, but than again, i dont work for :apple:

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Hi
BTW, forgot to ask...Is this how you got the idea?

From Ultimate iPhone FAQs List, Part 2 - Pogue's Posts - Technology - New York Times Blog --> The iPhone Up Close ( video )

"Uh...It looked incredible. I was just over there at the Monolith. Can't get near it. It was just me and three chimps. It's really scary." -- Robin Williams -- Time index four minutes and thirty-three seconds ( 4:33 ).

NOTE: I tried my best on the quote and if I'm off by one or two words, I apologize.

P.S. Robin is one of my favorite actors and comedians and it was awesome to find out he was at a Macworld Expo.

:)

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
actually, i hadn't read that. i more just stared at it when it was powered off (and tried to think of a way to get out of my current phone contract) and noticed the similarities.
It would be neat for the ad to have them look at a regular phone, and all "meh" then see the iphone and go crazy.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
ye, robin williams rocketh, i saw him get interviewed once and he basically took over and made everyone piss their pants laughing :D

as far as the pic, it is so true!
the keynote itself for me was like it was addressed to apes,
like no one has ever seen a phone before,
or like no one can type a text message with ease or something.
i mean, i type text messages without even looking nowadays,
how's the iphone gonna make that faster? :p
let's just wait and see...

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
ye, robin williams rocketh, i saw him get interviewed once and he basically took over and made everyone piss their pants laughing :D

as far as the pic, it is so true!
the keynote itself for me was like it was addressed to apes,
like no one has ever seen a phone before,
or like no one can type a text message with ease or something.
i mean, i type text messages without even looking nowadays,
how's the iphone gonna make that faster? :p
let's just wait and see...
agreed. Im actually not concerned about the touch screen, because i used it. (OMG!!!) well not really, but kinda. im pretty shure there going to have a coating sorta like that of th ipod, which i don't have problems with grime with. (at least on the front) Robin willims rocketh indeed.
On another note, i was kinda disappointed with the 07 macworld, because i was looking forward to a 30th edition mac (there was a crazy 20th anaversety mac) or at least 1 new desktop. but hey, that might have something to do with my now craptastic verison phone.

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
its kinda funny, i made this during school, when i was supposedly "researching"
other good online apps are Phosphor (which is a really neat shockwave fps) and flash games. This is partly because of their dissalowment for anyone to have wallpapers, even though all of the teachers do. Its my tribute to american freedom!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
when i was watching people at the keynote go crazy, and huddle around the iphone, i noticed a verry striking similarity between the people and the apes in 2001: a space odessy.
check out the pic i made.
space_oddesy_iphone2.jpg
you are very good at photoshop...

wootman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
you think?

you are very good at photoshop...
this was actually one of the first times i ever got to use photoshop.
in fact, i did it on a computer at my school (using Micro$oft's digital editor software (theres a mac-head teacher who has really old school mac's who campaigns against the windows and always laughs when it crashes (alot!!!)))
and it was only a couple minutes.
Its a really neat program, and i recommend everyone trying it, at least once.
Still think it would be a great ad, but oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.