Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Wouldn't that completely undo what they touted as a feature last year? If the option to reply popped up on the screen it would "disrupt" what you are currently involved with thus rendering last years notification center enhancement useless. Just a thought.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
Wouldn't that completely undo what they touted as a feature last year? If the option to reply popped up on the screen it would "disrupt" what you are currently involved with thus rendering last years notification center enhancement useless. Just a thought.

Or they could simply make quick reply a feature on the lock screen and/or in the notification center itself.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Or they could simply make quick reply a feature on the lock screen and/or in the notification center itself.

On the lock screen all you have to do is swipe the message icon, reply, hit send and re-lock. Quick reply wouldn't lessen the amount of steps in that process (from a locked, dormant device).

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Quick responses for incoming calls
When an incoming call arrives, you can now quickly respond by text message, without needing to pick up the call or unlock the device. On the incoming call screen, you simply slide a control to see a list of text responses and then tap to send and end the call. You can add your own responses and manage the list from the Settings app.

incoming_call_quick_response2.jpg

http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

October 19th 2011 was the release date of this feature on Android. Took Apple long enough to copy it.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
On the lock screen all you have to do is swipe the message icon, reply, hit send and re-lock. Quick reply wouldn't lessen the amount of steps in that process (from a locked, dormant device).

If I could reply from the lock screen without having to unlock the device, wait for the app to load and then begin typing that would def save time. Message would be displayed (as it is now), with a box to simply start typing and send. Never have to unlock the phone.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
October 19th 2011 was the release date of this feature on Android. Took Apple long enough to copy it.

that is both ugly and confusing.

anyway back on topic its a shame Apple is leaving that feature out. What boogles me is they added it for phone calls but no SMS

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
that is both ugly and confusing.

anyway back on topic its a shame Apple is leaving that feature out. What boogles me is they added it for phone calls but no SMS

i know man, one of the main reasons i jailbreak is for a quickreply on my sms.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010

Actually, some Android phones (notably Samsung's devices running Touchwiz addition to Android) have had this feature since
September 2010

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.