Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
It'll be a matter of days before someone cracks the trial version. I wonder if Adobe has taken extreme measures to prevent this from happening.

phil c

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2002
UK
Adobe have built in remote monitoring of your serial number on their new products so they can scan you while the apps are running - so to any prospective crackers out there - dont say you werent warned (and yes - i know theres a workaround but whats the point)

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
>......and then the feds would shut their asses down

sweeeeeet

phil c

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2002
UK
not quite that simple im afraid - they can scan you if your connected to the internet while running ps7 or ai10 regardless of whether yur registering or not.

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
phil c, I'd like to see some documented proof that Adobe is up to such tricks, and if they were I would hope "the feds would shut their asses down".

phil c

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2002
UK
Originally posted by Lz0
phil c, I'd like to see some documented proof that Adobe is up to such tricks, and if they were I would hope "the feds would shut their asses down".

hey you want proof - run ps7 or ai 10 on a pc while your internet connection is up and watch out for that sneaky connection icon that appears in the extreme bottom left of the app window indicating a server connection to adobe. As to the legality of adobe doing this - im sure it probably is illegal but the burden of proof would be on the user as i imagine there would be a multitude of 'grey' areas that adobe could claim they were monitoring your software for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.