Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perspexorange

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Just wondered if anyone else is having a problem with their order not showing up in the Orders section of their Apple Store account.

I placed an order for two Tags and two keyring about 1:30pm today (UK time).

I've just gone in to check order status, and the order isn't there.
I did receive an email, so I know the order went through. I've just followed the link in this email and it said that this particular order wasn't linked to my account. I've tried to link it, but it won't recognise my 'phone number (which one has to provide to link). I'm definitely entering this correctly, so something is going wrong somewhere.

I've just rung Apple and the customer service person said that it was a known issue with AirTag orders. He said their technical team were 'fixing it'.
He confirmed that my order is linked correctly to my account.

I know someone else who has ordered AirTags today, with no issue, and I can't see anybody else having problems online.
So, I guess I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

perspexorange

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

johnyslats - I did order via Apple Pay on the desktop. I confirmed the payment with my Apple Watch.
It didn't go through straight away and timed out, so I had to process the payment again (same confirmation method).

I wonder if this has caused the issue.

I guess it's no biggie. As long as the order is on my account at their end, it'll get dispatched (presumably).
It would be piece of mind to have it showing up though.

perspexorange

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Thought so. Happened to me a couple of years ago. Used to be able to manually link it by looking up by order number and entering it here.

Thanks. That was the link I was trying before, but I couldn't get the 'phone number verification to work.
I had previously tried the number on its own, with spaces and without, and also with '+44' (UK code) before it. No luck.

I then decided to just add '44' and delete the leading zero, and it worked.

Successfully linked! Now showing on my account, thankfully.

I guess that the desktop method sometimes borks things up.

Many thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.

sayhitokyle

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Tamworth, UK
My AirTag order shows up for me, but it’s stuck in processing and hasn’t charged me yet, which is weird because I ordered a key ring too (on Friday 23rd - UK) and this has gone through fine. Is that normal?

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Mine is showing on mine. It's moved to preparing for shipment. I ordered mine usinfg the Apple store app on my iphone at 1.10 pm. I'm from the UK.

sayhitokyle

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Tamworth, UK
Mine is showing on mine. It's moved to preparing for shipment. I ordered mine usinfg the Apple store app on my iphone at 1.10 pm. I'm from the UK.
How strange! Did you order customisation on yours? That’s the only reason I could guess for mine being stuck.
I did order mine through the Apple EPP store, but usually that doesn’t cause a delay.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
How strange! Did you order customisation on yours? That’s the only reason I could guess for mine being stuck.
I did order mine through the Apple EPP store, but usually that doesn’t cause a delay.
No I didn’t. I think when your customise things it can cause delays in shipping if it’s at launch. If it’s like months after it launched and there is plenty of stock it doesn’t usually effect anything.

sayhitokyle

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Tamworth, UK
No I didn’t. I think when your customise things it can cause delays in shipping if it’s at launch. If it’s like months after it launched and there is plenty of stock it doesn’t usually effect anything.
Ah I see! First time I’ve ever pre ordered with customisation. Thanks! ?

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
From the Email confirmation, I clicked on the order number and was asked if I wished to add the order to my AppleID. Now I can see the order on the AppStore app and website.

• Love
Reactions: macsplusmacs

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Just wondered if anyone else is having a problem with their order not showing up in the Orders section of their Apple Store account.

I placed an order for two Tags and two keyring about 1:30pm today (UK time).

I've just gone in to check order status, and the order isn't there.
I did receive an email, so I know the order went through. I've just followed the link in this email and it said that this particular order wasn't linked to my account. I've tried to link it, but it won't recognise my 'phone number (which one has to provide to link). I'm definitely entering this correctly, so something is going wrong somewhere.

I've just rung Apple and the customer service person said that it was a known issue with AirTag orders. He said their technical team were 'fixing it'.
He confirmed that my order is linked correctly to my account.

I know someone else who has ordered AirTags today, with no issue, and I can't see anybody else having problems online.
So, I guess I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue.
From the Email confirmation, I clicked on the order number and was asked if I wished to add the order to my AppleID. Now I can see the order on the AppStore app and website.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
When I ordered 4 AirTags (engraved) the website on my MacBook Air it showed an expected ship date of June 9th - 16th. I emptied my cart and did not complete the order.

Last edited:

sayhitokyle

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Tamworth, UK
So I got in touch with  this morning and got the following response. I guess even though my order was at 13:30 (UK) I’m already a fair way down the list. My estimated date is May 4th-6th but I guess that’ll shift too.
CAF6DA80-35FA-451E-B722-A71758320922.jpeg

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I guess it’s still popular! Fingers crossed that the date doesn’t change. ☺️
Yeah it could still change. It's been preparing for dispatch since Friday. Mine could still slip back until next week. Howpfulky yours will come on the 4th at the latest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.