Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccbc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2022
Vancouver, BC
My 2021 M1 MBA is still running Big Sur. I have no desire for Monterey or Ventura. Mistly because things work (for now) and I use only basic functions of macOS anyway.
I feel like I’m the only one since most of the Macs can upgrade (well except my 2014 MBA, which is another reason to keep the M1 with Big Sur).

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Im still on Big Sur. Monterey/Ventura have that glitch where secure input in safari causes apps to open behind the safari window so it looks like nothing is opening. It also messes with magic mouse acceleration. Also hyperdock doesnt work as nicely after BS (I heavily depend on gestures to bring apps in from other spaces while in a different space - super useful!)

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
I can upgrade officially to Monterey [MacBook Pro 2015] but decided to go back to Catalina... Monterey has some features only available for Apple Silicon devices and Catalina is the last intel only release that is why I decided to not go beyond Catalina even though I am using iOS 16.7 on iPhone 11 Pro Max...

Loyola

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2004
I have held off too because Big Sur fits my needs. Once it is no longer supported I might have to make the decision to upgrade.

Reactions: camelia

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I never used big sur, and recent my mac mini purchase is equipped with our friend, bigsur!
anything new or different i need to know?
im Using sonoma now but prefer Monterey.

thanx in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.