Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
OK so just received my AirTags.

I'm in the UK, and I have discovered that if you cut a 2p sized piece of "sticky-backed plastic" (the stuff on a roll that we used to cover school books in), then if works great as a scratch protector. Done this to one AirTag, both sides, and inserted into the Apple leather keyring and it works a treat.

I found that old screen protectors were not flexible enough to use, but this works great.

P.S. Don't bother with any insults about wanting to stop scratches, don't be that guy ;)

Reactions: skidu

waigx

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2014
I guess there will be fully covered holder and protectors available soon.

(No insult: if no intent to reselling them, I just thinking scratches and imperfections make the item mine)

Reactions: MrGimper

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

(No insult: if no intent to reselling them, I just thinking scratches and imperfections make the item mine)

Yes there's a little silicon cover I've seen that I may have to use for the one in my wallet and that's so gonna slide out.

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland

Would be kinda counterintuitive though, you wouldn’t be able to see what it is, also you might have an issue trying to tap it with an NFC phone? I dunno, it’s a possibility. I like the idea of putting a little cover on the metal side!

waigx

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2014
Would be kinda counterintuitive though, you wouldn’t be able to see what it is, also you might have an issue trying to tap it with an NFC phone? I dunno, it’s a possibility. I like the idea of putting a little cover on the metal side!
Shouldn't be too bad on NFC, and they could make transparent ones ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.