Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
I just returned the Otterbox Statement studio because it doesn't fit my needs with the kickstand being a little flimsy but it seems to be a folio thats' quite slim that fits the need?

Reactions: dabotsonline

IT Troll

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
Edinburgh
The esr adds to much bulk, will e returning. Why aren't there any folios that also cover the sides??
Yeah, I’ve come to that conclusion too. Too bulky and the front closure magnets are too weak, causing it to slide around. I fear that a small piece of grit and this sliding action will result in a scratch screen. The case just doesn’t feel good in the hand. I picked up a Smart Folio instead so I can appreciate the thinness.

Last edited:

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
ESR Rebound here for 13” iPad Pro. Brilliant, well balanced & fast device, with removable magnetic sleeve & a new row of function keys.

Odd downside: not interchangeable with also magnetic Shift or Rebound cases. Weird, I’d thought ‘magnets are magnets’ but not here.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Got my iPad Pro 13" with MK yesterday..One thing I thought was going to automatic and didn't give it a second thought was that you could flip the keyboard 180 degrees so you could use the iPad in potrait mode, found that's not possible.

Now I am debating returning the MK and just getting a leather case as I did with my old 12.9" I had a few years ago. I like the ability to type on the MK but as I will mainly be using this walking around and estimating jobs, or using it as a second monitor when needed for my MBP.

Are there any keyboard cases that flip 180 so you can use it in portrait mode?

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Okay I broke down and ordered a Moko TPU clear back shell to tide me over until some proper cases come along.

IMG_3847.jpeg

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Got my iPad Pro 13" with MK yesterday..One thing I thought was going to automatic and didn't give it a second thought was that you could flip the keyboard 180 degrees so you could use the iPad in potrait mode, found that's not possible.

Now I am debating returning the MK and just getting a leather case as I did with my old 12.9" I had a few years ago. I like the ability to type on the MK but as I will mainly be using this walking around and estimating jobs, or using it as a second monitor when needed for my MBP.

Apparently the Logitech combo that I've just ordered can do this, but I haven't got it hands on yet. Looking at the reviews though I'll probably end up returning this too as the case part just adds too much bulk.

I just want a magnetic kickstand, like my old Blackrock, I wish they'd make one!

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
An update on this as I'm the OP.
I bought a Smart Folio. Grimaced on the price but oh my it's worth every penny. It looks classy, feels good, compliments the iPads slim form factor adding very little bulk and has an additional viewing angle due to the repositioned magnets.
Thats the one.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
The ESR case I bought and it’s perfectly.

ESR for iPad Pro 13 Inch Case (2024), iPad Pro 13 Case with Pencil Holder, Removable Magnetic Cover, Vertical Stand, Fully Supports Pencil Pro and Pencil(USB-C), Rebound 360 Series, Black https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Removable-Magnetic-Vertical-Supports/dp/B0CSSQ57D2

I really like the style and being able to pop off the iPad from the rest of the case. Only complaints are that it’s heavy and the pencil flap (if pencil not on iPad) will cover camera. Otherwise pretty happy with it for now.

Last edited:

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015

The ESR Shift case allows a vertical orientation. It is heavy but has a number of features.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
I got the ESR case below. I like it. The only issue is that the material for the case gets caught between my usb c cable and the ipad and doesn't allow the plug to make a good connection. I have a usb c cable with a wide amount of plastic around the plug; with usb c cables with thinner plastic around it, like the one Apple includes with the ipad there isn't an issue. for me the included cable is too short which is why I use the one that gets caught.

ESR for iPad Pro 13 Inch Case M4(2024), Powerful Magnetic Attachment, Slim Trifold Stand Case, Supports Pencil Pro and Pencil(USB-C), Auto Wake/Sleep, Durable Protection, Rebound Series, Black​

julesme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
Torro has them. I have used this brand for years and they are excellent quality.

I also really like Torro, but this time around I’m looking for a case that goes over the Magic Keyboard for my M4 11”. So far I see a case from Burton Goods that could be good (shipping mid-June), but I haven’t found many other options.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I also really like Torro, but this time around I’m looking for a case that goes over the Magic Keyboard for my M4 11”. So far I see a case from Burton Goods that could be good (shipping mid-June), but I haven’t found many other options.
I have used the previous company that turned into Burton, Pad and Quill, their case were excellent. I to am waiting you the Magic Keyboard one to ship.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Okay I broke down and ordered a Moko TPU clear back shell to tide me over until some proper cases come along.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
The Moko TPU clear back arrived for my iPP 11. It’s somewhat as expected, the main issue being the ‘raised’ rim edges around the back are not raised so the camera bump is highest point on back. But it’s not a huge issue because the bump is quite low. No noticeable rock on a coffee table.

The raised rim around the front is raised and protects the screen pretty well if dropped screen down. Unlike hard shell backs, this one will not slip off a table. It’s just tacky enough to hang on.

There is a bit of edge droop on the top side where the horizontal Face ID camera is, which is caused by hollowing out the top edge a bit to make a groove for the pencil. It’s not terrible, but I wanted to note it.

The cutouts for the speakers and microphones are as close to dead on as you’ll see, and the cutout for the USB C charging cable is excellent and roomy for those cheap, fat-tipped cable ends some people buy.

There are ESR and JETech and MATEXKY hard back/soft edge clear back cases on Amazon.

Last edited:

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I have used the previous company that turned into Burton, Pad and Quill, their case were excellent. I to am waiting you the Magic Keyboard one to ship.
Thanks for sharing info on the Burton case, the Magic Keyboard case looks incredible. I just pre-ordered as well! Actually seems like it’ll add very little bulk to the whole package since the weight is 10 oz / ~280 grams (for reference, the 11” Smart Folio is ~200 grams).

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
For those who really really need protection and are willing to pay for it,

The Otterbox Defender for the M4 iPads are live on Amazon (no reviews yet)…

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
MoKo branded smart trifold for 2024 iPad Pro 11” with hard polycarbonate back shell and pencil support is finally available on Amazon. Images aren’t real clear on whether this is the same case as ProCase and CoBak and others, or if it’s a slightly different design. Presently priced at $13.95, a good need-a-case-now alternative.

Last edited:

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I have the Pitaka Magez 2 Folio on order. The products have been good in the past, but the shipping for this is slowwww, coming out fo HK. I'll report back with feedback once have it.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
This looks good but you just can’t buy it.
Showing June 10-25 delivery now, at $69.95

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.