Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
Anybody but me annoyed that this remote doesn't work with the iPhone? This is just plain stupid and greedy. I guess I'll have to wait until Apple decides to give us a remote to use with this thing. I guess it's more important for us to pull it out of our pockets everytime we have to interact with it. I mean thieves and muggers do need inspiration from time to time...:apple:

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
Wich remote do you mean? the 1st wired iPod remote, the second wired remote(with radio), the third wired remote(updated with the new headphones) or the IR Apple Remote?

2nd gen with the radio feature. I didn't expect the radio to work but the controls are still relevant to the ipod experience.:apple:

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
did the remote plug right into the iphone? or did you use some kind of adapter? and if your using a standard pair of iphone buds plugged into the remote, you still can stop and resume play, and skip a track with the button on the mic.

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
did the remote plug right into the iphone? or did you use some kind of adapter? and if your using a standard pair of iphone buds plugged into the remote, you still can stop and resume play, and skip a track with the button on the mic.

It has an error message that sez "this asessory is not design for use with the iPhone" I thought I could dismiss the message liek other posters report with other products but it does not work. And yes it was plugged directly into the phone similar to what you see on this page. http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html
:apple: :apple: :apple:

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
I did not realize it plugged into the bottom of the ipod, i thought they connected through the stereo jack, sorry, my mistake

one among many

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.