Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowbelly

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Pretty awesome! If it were mine, I'd go back and have the rainbow lines etched on the logo.

giantsfan25

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
One is for sale on ebay right now: 9/25/12. Just google apple brass belt buckle, click the ebay link and there you go

----------

It took 9 months from conception to delivery...

What do ya'll think?

I don't have a pic to post to compare it to another ring. But I can tell you i designed it with the idea that I wanted the logo to be large!!!

One is on ebay right now

----------

Weird to find my belt buckle here via Google search. It took me many years of searching and I paid a small fortune for it. I still search as I want one more, just in case I loose it or dammage it.

It is not in my collection, I wear it every single day.:p

----------

That is a generic looking computer, what does it have to do with Apple, IBM or Steve Jobs?

It went for 250 US in the end, crazy.:confused:
One is on ebay now

----------

Cool! Yeah, I'd like to have one to wear, not to store away. I've only seen two on eBay ever. One went for a little over $100 and as much as nearly $400 I think. But I check eBay every once in a while and have no luck.

One of the belt buckles is on ebay right now

giantsfan25

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
I know it's pricey but they have been selling for more than that recently. Some people are really into it and have to have it and are willing to pay for that little piece of history. Plus, it does look pretty cool. I think someone will pick it up.

lkwan

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
Apple buckle

Giants fan = davester965

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Apple...234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d04d7dc12

Actually the last one sold only went for $170 plus shipping.

A reserve of $550, I don't think so! Immediately after Steve dying, one a buckle was posted by schrope 12( on page 3 of this thread.). They started BIN @ $1000

After I think three failed auctions, he finally sold it for $670.

Generally, these will pop up on eBay 2-4 a year. With a ASP of $150-$300. If you want to pay more, then can I interest you in a genuine apple iPod 1st gen in box? Or how about a apple pen?

Oh I know... I have a custom designed apple ring! I will let it go for 100,000k!

Last edited:

giantsfan25

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
Thanks for the info. If it doesn't sell, that's fine with me. I do like it and i'm not hurting to sell it. I'll just hang on to it and see what happens.

swarnabird

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
vintage apple t shirt

Well I know this is kinda off the topic but I found old rainbow apple t-shirt the other day in a tiny out of the way op shop. As soon as I saw it I loved it and now I see online that vintage apple Tees are super in demand. I'm looking for info on when this one came out as I'm thinking of selling it. I would appreciate any advice or info. The shirt is yellowish cream, ringer style with a nearly worn out tag that says splash. R in circle next to logo. Very soft and faded looking logo as old t shirts are but it's in perfect condition and still bright, Hope someone can help. I can't find a picture of this T anywhere. I saw a plain white vintage apple T with rainbow logo on back on sale for $450 on e-bay but mine is much better I think. Thanks lots!

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 216

idon21

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Got one =D

I just got one of these today as a present!

My sister knows i'm a big Apple fan, she saw it at a garage sale for $0.50 and scooped it up to give to me thinking i'd like it!

Little did we know it was worth this much! i wasn't even sure it was from 1978 until i saw this Forum post on google.

I ran out and purchased a belt to put it on right away.

I attached a few pics of it.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 225
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 276

lkwan

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
looky at what i won on ebay...

sweet birthday present...

Attachments

• 1096997_10201645245111558_1189198017_o.jpg
    1096997_10201645245111558_1189198017_o.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 200

Heshster

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
I just found one and want to pass it on to a collector of such items..
ebay item number 191694532555

Hschulsinger

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2017
California
Bronze belt buckle

Here's an old belt buckle too. The coolest thing about it is the back. It has stamped on the back of it a six line BASIC program. The serial number is also in hex. Anybody else have one of these?

P.S. This one isn't for sale

I have one that I bought in Rainbow Computers in 1978. The serial number on the back is 0129, not in hex.

Mine, too, is not for sale. But I would be interested in knowing what it's worth.

lkwan

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
keep it... these are extremely rare. I now only know of 3 in existence, lol

ProgressCity

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2023
Just created this account for this thread xD

I tried my best to redesign the belt buckle for 3D printing, and although I am primarily an Android/Windows guy, I saw a pic of Woz wearing one and I immediately knew I had to have one.

As soon as I can make sure it does in fact fit on my belt, I'll put the design on thingaverse. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.